Insurance for 24 yr old | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for 24 yr old

Jayx3

Hey guys.. I am having a hard time finding insurance. I have my m2 and got it in 2016. Had 2 bikes before. Last one was a cbr500r and sold it. I am looking to upgrade to an r6 or similar. I live in Bolton area.. Im getting close to $500 a month for an r6.. Any suggestion or a good broker?

24yrs old and M2 = beginner bike. Doubtful any broker will beat $500/mo on an R bike.

Best to get another CBR, then get to 25, then get your M. Once you have 6 years of continuous riding (meaning 6 years of continuous insurance on a bike) your rates will drop quite a bit, probably 200/mo for an R6.

There\s a great thread on young riders and R bikes here telling tales of R bikes and young riders.

Hey guys.. I am having a hard time finding insurance. I have my m2 and got it in 2016. Had 2 bikes before. Last one was a cbr500r and sold it. I am looking to upgrade to an r6 or similar. I live in Bolton area.. Im getting close to $500 a month for an r6.. Any suggestion or a good broker?
Good broker isn't the answer to your problem and you have 3 of them;

Choice of bike

If you really want to have that 'next level' of performance now then i'd suggest looking at the naked/less race replica alternatives

mt07
fz6/fz6r
sv650
cbr650r

likely you'll find much better rates on these then the race replicas.

When I was 22 I looked at a CBR600R, the lowest I found was $17,000/yr lol. You're gonna have to wait a few more years.

At 28 I got a zx10r for $2,700/Yr.

Edit: At 29, the zx10r dropped to $1,300/yr.

24yrs old and M2 = beginner bike. Doubtful any broker will beat $500/mo on an R bike.

Best to get another CBR, then get to 25, then get your M. Once you have 6 years of continuous riding (meaning 6 years of continuous insurance on a bike) your rates will drop quite a bit, probably 200/mo for an R6.

There\s a great thread on young riders and R bikes here telling tales of R bikes and young riders.
It’s pretty much only once you turn 30 now that the insurance isn’t astronomical. I was paying 1600 in Toronto on the zx6r at 30 with a clean record and m. Which is still high vs my other bikes which were like 40 ish a month 600 and something a year

Plus the supersports are kind of a niche, good at what they do. Ride around a track blistering fast for 20 minutes. Really good at that, better alternatives for anything else. Mine is sexy though

800 per year for minimal coverage on a restricted bike is what you have to look forward to once you are a senior citizen,
and you have ridden like forever without incident or speeding tickets.
I think that's about as cheap as anyone is getting in Ontario right now on a crotch rocket.

800 per year for minimal coverage on a restricted bike is what you have to look forward to once you are a senior citizen,
and you have ridden like forever without incident or speeding tickets.
I think that's about as cheap as anyone is getting in Ontario right now on a crotch rocket.
$800 is cheap for an SS -- you would need to be in an affinity group that gets huge discounts (doctor, engineer, ins co employee), be over 50, have a clean record and live in a postal code area that doesn't begin with "L". I live in a "L" postal code, I pay a little over $800/yr on a full size ST, my SS cost me $1200 last year.

My kid just moved to a "P" postal code, his insurance on both truck and bikes dropped 50%. At 26 he insures a little jeep for $1100, and a 200 enduro for $350.

Doubt you'll find cheaper than $500/mth for an r6.

Advice: buy another 250/300/500 for the street to gain experience credits and buy a track bike r6 to get your thrills.

After a couple seasons of track you'll prob lose interest in street riding...

Back
Top Bottom