Insurance after single vehicle crash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance after single vehicle crash

aaronshum

Asking for a friend, as he's in a tough spot right now. He's 27, but only got his G2 a year and a half ago, his M2 last year May (2010). He got ran off the road on the Gardiner last November going at 120 kph (open-fracture left arm, lucky to be alive). Tricky thing is the cager took off so he got written off as single-vehicle accident. Insurance paid out his GS500 @$3500 and his medical bills.

Now he's thinking of getting back on the bike but going with something old like an 80s Ninja for now. What are his options for getting insurance? I believe he had a minor at-fault fender bender in his car early last year too, so not quite model citizen.

Thx,
A

What do you mean what are his options? Just tell him to call around with what companies will give him the best rates.

I don't know how motorcycle insurance works after an accident but I have 2 accidents with a car and I'm insured with Jevco.

Good luck to your friend.

Was he declared at fault? I'm entirely certain what happens when the other driver takes off, since anyone could claim that they were simply run off the road when it was in fact their own mistake.

Yes, he was declared at fault, because the other car took off, thus single vehicle accident. This means he's been in 2x at-fault accidents.

Just wanted to find out if anyone's been in similar situations and perhaps had to switch insurance companies, etc.

He will probably have a tough time finding insurance with two at-faults on his record. He should probably do lots of calling around to see what's available.

Back
Top Bottom