Installed LED bar on my bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Installed LED bar on my bike

silverbullet132

2vu0lyc.jpg

:D very cheap + adds to safety

opinions?

nice. the more visibility to other motorists, the better, imo. is that 'ON' all the time or only when brakes are applied?

at the moment it is on all the time that the bike is on, I am trying to figure out how to wire it to the break lights.

at the moment it is on all the time that the bike is on, I am trying to figure out how to wire it to the break lights.

Three wires go to your brake light bulb. One is ground. One is the always-on running light. One is the brake light. Just unhook the positive lead from your LED light bar from the always-on feed you have it on now, and instead run it to the wire that feeds your brake light. Use a multimeter or test light to find the right wire. You can always use trial and error too with no ill effects if you try wrong.

Three wires go to your brake light bulb. One is ground. One is the always-on running light. One is the brake light. Just unhook the positive lead from your LED light bar from the always-on feed you have it on now, and instead run it to the wire that feeds your brake light. Use a multimeter or test light to find the right wire. You can always use trial and error too with no ill effects if you try wrong.

Thanks turbo, just went outside and fixed it. It now only turns on when the breaks are applied :)

Cool! Was it easy to do?

I'm hooking up an LED taillight and turn signals to my track bodywork (so I don't have to change for the street) soon.

Very easy, just hooked up the wires to the existing plugs and it was done.

Where did you get the LED's?

Too cool, it's like Christmas lights for bikes. Great idea by the way:)

added another one (its on whenever the bike is):
283256_10150330044768665_506548664_9260716_3856406_n.jpg

Will put up pictures of the packaging for those interested, but it is all in chinese.

oh dang, was wondering if it came with any resistors and all.

btw what is the legality of putting coloured LEDs on? I thought it wasn't legal (At least on cars). If it is illegal and you get pulled over for it, is it just a fine or will it be a conviction?

http://oi55.tinypic.com/5ys30j.jpg
cant upload on here for some reason....anyway I installed this led accent kit that changes color and has different patterns..its pretty cool.

Sweet. I have the same on my Katana and I'm curious if this is considered illegal. All my research reading the Ontario Traffic Act that it is not illegal as long as no RED, BLUE, or flashing lights display forwards.

P.S. My first post. <g>

I changed my front parking lights to red and I always wonder if it's worth getting a ticket for. They are two tiny LEDs in the front though. Anyone know the legal side of LEDs and type of ticket you may get?

Back
Top Bottom