Injustice Ride for Svetlana (Fallen Rider 2017) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Injustice Ride for Svetlana (Fallen Rider 2017)

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Very tragic, I think I figured out the place where this happened :/ and if it is just off the end of the north bound ramp right near the old brick yards, there clearly is a no U turn sign there, been there for decades, was the site of many accidents too.

I've taken that ramp many times and it's one of the stupidest places to make a U-turn as it's pretty much a blind corner.

Google Maps

Bad enough just merging onto the extension as it is.

Google Maps
That's the one, the no u-turn sign is on that closest pole with the flowers on it.

I bet if they put a big sign up there saying 'Penalty for making an illegal U-turn here is $10,000' the number of careless lazy drivers making a totally stupid senseless and extremely dangerous U-turn on that stretch of road would be reduced significantly. That or install a big ugly concrete centre barrier on that short stretch of Bayview, which should have been installed there after it proved to be a hazardous common occurrence over the last 50 some years.

A group ride is a lovely gesture, but either of the above would be far more constructive and result in that intersection becoming less dangerous imho.

So the testimony of the girlfriend, who was the passenger, was enough for the judge to pass the verdict. ridiculous.

Sent from the moon!

So the testimony of the girlfriend, who was the passenger, was enough for the judge to pass the verdict. ridiculous.

Sent from the moon!

Yeah, and I have some doubts that she really saw what driver did.. For example, I've asked my wife today in 5 mins after a turn if she noticed if I checked blind spots.. she said that she has no idea..

Of course, this girlfriend might think that she saw it, just because she talked about it with the driver about it many many times.. this is just how our brain works. Anyway, I can't wrap my head that checking windows basically allows making a u-turn in no u-turn zone.. in my opinion, if it is a no u-turn zone then all u-turns are illegal and automatically makes the driver responsible for all consequences..

Kugatheesh Rasaratnam has a FB account (I believe it is him), should we send him an invite to let him know Svetlana Koretskaia has not been forgotten?

I bet if they put a big sign up there saying 'Penalty for making an illegal U-turn here is $10,000' the number of careless lazy drivers making a totally stupid senseless and extremely dangerous U-turn on that stretch of road would be reduced significantly.
[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Increasing fines does little to dissuade people from engaging in dangerous behavior. Just ask anyone driving down the 401, 404 etc. while texting. They've upped the fines big time for that but I have noticed NO reduction in people driving while communicating on their hand held devices.

Agreed fines do little it seems, and well careless or inconsiderate drivers are going to be just that, doesn't matter how large of sign you put up. They should have their license removed for x number of years. Less idiots on the road the better.

Is it possible that there were other contributing factors? The newspapers aren't known for writing the least controversial parts of a story.

Then put a centre barrier on that stretch of road! People have been making illegal left turns at that very intersection (and frequently getting ticketed for it) ever since they first put the ramp in there nearly half a century ago.

What was the name of the judge in this case? These guys need to be held to account for their stupid rulings.

Then put a centre barrier on that stretch of road! People have been making illegal left turns at that very intersection (and frequently getting ticketed for it) ever since they first put the ramp in there nearly half a century ago.
This. I take this stretch on my commute and I'm always on full alert for illegal u-turners. It's the blind corner that really grinds me.

Anyway, I can't wrap my head that checking windows basically allows making a u-turn in no u-turn zone.. in my opinion, if it is a no u-turn zone then all u-turns are illegal and automatically makes the driver responsible for all consequences..
Exactly! I don't care if he was driving like a saint before. I don't care if he checked every blind spot six ways to Sunday. He made an illegal maneuver that others wouldn't have expected and now someone is dead. He is responsible, and this is complete bull?

If they erect a barrier wall there it will never happen again.
If they do it might create some other hazard, but it won't be from a T-bone into an illegal U-turning vehicle.

The most logical tribute would be to petition for a safety barrier and Not one of those cheese grater ones either! It should be a concrete one.
... should only cost the city about a million bucks to implement.

Is it possible that there were other contributing factors? The newspapers aren't known for writing the least controversial parts of a story.
EDIT:

Ah maybe you were referring to the actual court case.

Back
Top Bottom