Inflating/seating beads without pump or compressor! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Inflating/seating beads without pump or compressor!

bigpoppa

Method #1 seems pretty viable actually

Equalizer hose works great, but you shouldn't use your front tire to pump up the rear, that will leave you with 2 soft tires, you are suppose to rob the air from a parked car or truck. :cautious: Which is obviously a prick of a thing to do to the guy that owns that parked car or truck.

Which is obviously a prick of a thing to do to the guy that owns that parked car or truck.

Just leave him a note in the window that you had borrowed his air.

or use the equalizer hose to equalize all 4 of his tires borrowing the air each from each other. This was he has a equally balanced cushion or air to ride one.

I just travel with 3-4 C02's taped together in the trunk. Sure, a big one would be better but I have a case of them so they are "free". That's enough to get somewhere without walking.

I just keep a mini bicycle pump for emergencies, small and effective, not the quickest, and will need a way to seat the bead, maybe the fire trick first

handheld-bike-pump-lowres636-9788.jpg

I just keep a mini bicycle pump for emergencies, small and effective, not the quickest, and will need a way to seat the bead, maybe the fire trick first

handheld-bike-pump-lowres636-9788.jpg
Not the quickest? Holy hell. How long does it take you to pump up a moto tire with that? I am not super happy when I use a small pump for a mtb tire and my small pump is a lot bigger than that one.

Edit: ran some rough calcs. Roughly 1100 strokes to get a flat motorbike tire to 30 psi (assuming perfect seal).

Last edited:
Not the quickest? Holy hell. How long does it take you to pump up a moto tire with that? I am not super happy when I use a small pump for a mtb tire and my small pump is a lot bigger than that one.

Edit: ran some rough calcs. Roughly 1100 strokes to get a flat motorbike tire to 30 psi (assuming perfect seal).

That's a good point I didn't really consider, I have a slightly larger one and am yet to use it on the bike, at 1000 strokes+, I'm now moving onto plan B :eek: WIll look for a mini compressor or something

Those little air pumps are great for trials bikes, I carry a 7$ one in my fanny pack but on a trials bike you only need ~4psi, so about 20 or 30 pumps is usually sufficient if the tire is not leaking too badly or off the rim bead. The crazy expensive ones are bi-directional and pump air on every stroke, that might cut your inflation effort in half ;)

Those little air pumps are great for trials bikes, I carry a 7$ one in my fanny pack but on a trials bike you only need ~4psi, so about 20 or 30 pumps is usually sufficient if the tire is not leaking too badly or off the rim bead. The crazy expensive ones are bi-directional and pump air on every stroke, that might cut your inflation effort in half ;)
You dont need crazy expensive to pump both ways. On tiny pumps I only buy double acting. You only need a new pump every 20 years or so so the price difference barely matters.

You dont need crazy expensive to pump both ways. On tiny pumps I only buy double acting. You only need a new pump every 20 years or so so the price difference barely matters.
It's all relative, my pump is more likely to be destroyed when I fall on it and at 7$ that seemed like a no brainer once I seen the bi-directional one was 57$ plus 7$ in sales tax :|

It's all relative, my pump is more likely to be destroyed when I fall on it and at 7$ that seemed like a no brainer once I seen the bi-directional one was 57$ plus 7$ in sales tax :|
My little pump is a blackburn airstik similar to pic below but 20 years older. Still works fine. Available for <$30.

blackburn-airstik-anyvalve-mini-pump-285937-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom