Indanapolis MotoGp - Seat Recommendations / Who is going? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Indanapolis MotoGp - Seat Recommendations / Who is going?

SweetOnion

Hey everyone,

I will be purchasing tickets for the Indy MotoGp in the next week and I was wondering if anybody had any pictures they could share or any info on their favourite places or thoughts on best places to sit.

I am mostly interested in sitting where you can see the most passes take place... I am going to watch last year's race again, but thought I would post up on here to see if anybody who has been in the past can give me some good advice before I buy them up.

Thanks!

Google "motogp indy best seats" there are quite a few bike forums discussing this very issue and a few good tips to boot. I believe section H and higher the better for the best vantage point and clear view of the big screen. Hope this helps.

I was there last year and general admission is the best deal, I got a cheap ticket from a scalper across the street from the track. Ducati Island, Gasoline Alley, the infield displays, the back straight, Grandstands "A", "Paddock" and "C" are all open to general admission tickets. General admission is definitely the way to go.

Thanks Franz. I was considering that option but couldn't figure out where GA was allowed to go. Very much appreciated.

also thanks F1Mauro I was able to find some good threads on some other forums.

Last edited:
How much is GA this year?

Last year I sat in I. Pretty good view for me, I could see many corners and could follow battle action for multiple corners. you also get to watch some big time high speed wheelies down the straight.

I sat in the 'E' Penthouse last year and will be there again this year. You can see the end of the straight, turns 1 through 5 and the exit from pit lane. We got to see the two big crashes that caused the Moto2 race to restart as well as many good passes during all races. There did seem to be a fair amount of action on the opposite side of the track as well, maybe near turns 11/12. Also, a lot of the riders were practicing their starts on the back straight which might be of interest to you. I'm just not sure how close the seats are to the track in that area.

I really enjoyed our seats because they were covered and kept us out of the sun. The Ducati stand, for example, was in full, direct sun and would have been sweltering that weekend. It was over 30 degrees on race day.

Send me a PM if you want more info.

I've done the Ducati grandstand two years in a row. Good view of T1-T4, but there seems to be little passing there. If I were to go again, I'd try a seat to catch the last 4-5 corners. Maybe high seats @ NW Vista...

The stadium holds a bajillion people, it will never be full for a MotoGP race, so chances are you will get the seat you want without having to book a year in advance.

General Admission, NW Vista.
You can see 50% of the track (with binoculars).

/rs

I have sat in SW Vista(08), NW Vista (09), and Section J(2010).......I like Secton J best of the 3 by a long shot. You can see the last 6 turns, and hear the biks all the way down the straight, and you won't miss any last lap, last turn desperation passes either.
I will be back in same seats again. Ticket for all 3 days + parking is $110 if I recall.
I stay a mile down the road. Hotel has wifi and a pool for $99/night.

Last edited:
we've sat in section "H"... you can see turns 10 through 16 and alot of passing. There is also 2-3 big screens so you can see the rest of the track. You also get the full jam of the sound of those awsome machines.
Another tip...go see the dirt oval on Saturday night!!!

^^^^ I agree, go see the flat track races. Just try to get an aisle seat or front row seat.....if it's hot like last year, it can get a little uncomfortable....I learned this the hard way, dying of heat and surrounded by others dying of heat.....
Go and walk around after the race, get up close with the rider's and the bikes, some cool stuff to see!
I ran into Nicky Hayden (as he rode a few laps on a Ducati) and Melandri. I am sure other MotoGP rider's went to watch as well.

I've been down to Indy for all 3 MotoGP's and would have to agree on watching the race from the NW vista. Only drawback is that it isn't covered from the sun, and that could be an issue if the weather is scorching like it was last year. I'll take that over Hurricaine "Ike", like year 1. Only question is, just wondering if anyone would consider to ride down this year???

2 years in a row we have gotten general admission 65 bux for the 3 day pass. Sat in the NORTHWEST VISTA each year. You have a clear view of turn 10 through 16 leading to the front straight, lots of action on this side. To follow the rest you watch the big screen directly in front of you. For my hard earned money this is the way to go.

Stayed at the Ramada on fortune circle both years, however we learned that the hotels give a much better rate to Americans. If your booking your hotel in advance use a friend from the U.S to book. We spent 70bux a night and met some locals who paid 30bux a night!!! Like others have mentioned the venue will NOT sell out, there seems to be more empty seats than filled ones. Hotels have plenty of rooms to, we had ours booked months in advance and then booked another one only a week out with no problem.

Be sure to try the TEXAS ROADHOUSE restaurant you will not ne disappointed : )

Last edited:
I've been down to Indy for all 3 MotoGP's and would have to agree on watching the race from the NW vista. Only drawback is that it isn't covered from the sun, and that could be an issue if the weather is scorching like it was last year. I'll take that over Hurricaine "Ike", like year 1. Only question is, just wondering if anyone would consider to ride down this year???

I ride down every yr...but I leave the Mon or Tues prior, and go thru New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, sometimes Ohio, then on to Indy. After the race Sun, I leave Mon am and superslab it straight home.

I went down last year the first time and picked up tickets for half price from scalpers.I wasn't sure about the best seats etc but we walked along and sat anywhere along the straight.
Do you guys see scalpers on sat ? Anyone knows what the prices are for sat and sunday?

Back
Top Bottom