Incoming Noob | GTAMotorcycle.com

Incoming Noob

DaveTheCanuck

Site Supporter
Hello!

I found GTAM while looking for motorcycle insurance information, but I've found a lot of other great threads to read as well, so I figured I'd join up!

I'm brand new to the world of motorcycling. I only started looking into it a few weeks ago. I just got my M1 last week and already booked my riding course for this week (Thu, Sat, Sun) at Sheridan.

I'm looking to get a Kawasaki Ninja 250R as my first bike, but I'm still debating if I should go for it now or hold off until next spring (mainly for financial reasons). If I do wait, it's probably going to be the slowest, most gruelling 8 months of my life. Excitement vs. Money... this could get ugly.

Anyway, see ya 'round the forums and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the streets! :)

Thanks!

(I'm in Oakville, btw)

Welcome and good luck on getting your M2. If I may be so bold I would suggest getting as much riding in thus season as you can once you get your M2. Waiting all winter may help your wallet, but not your experience and confidence level. Just my 2 cents..

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.647798,-79.869539

Even if you're not planning on riding until the spring, anytime between now and February are the best times to buy a bike (much better deals to be found than in the spring). Also, depending on who you go with, you won't pay much (if any) insurance during the winter months (I know with mine, 80% of my annual insurance cost is for the months between May - August).

Also, welcome to the forum.

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome and good luck with your decision, it is tough

Back
Top Bottom