Importing a bike to eventually sell. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Importing a bike to eventually sell.

Prospect

I'm thinking of importing a bike from the states and riding it this summer and selling it. I don't really care what bike it is just don't want to loose money so I'm wondering which specific bike seems to have the highest demand here in the GTA? Something that I won't have trouble selling cause I don't want to get stuck with it. HD, Sport, naked??? I've imported several bikes so I'm familiar with the process.

From what I've seen, modern 600cc sportbikes tend to keep there value here in GTA. There easy to sell because they appeal to the new riders who get into riding every year.

So the market isn't flooded with these 600cc bikes when the new riders sell them after riding them and want to upgrade?

So the market isn't flooded with these 600cc bikes when the new riders sell them after riding them and want to upgrade?

Just remember how many Newbs are going to buy these bikes with no experience for the cool factor and put them in the motorcycle graveyard.

There will always be demand for these bikes.

If you take your time looking, you'll find good deals here that you can resell a year later and not lose a penny...
I can sell my bike today for what I paid for it in the fall of 2010. No lie!

If you take your time looking, you'll find good deals here that you can resell a year later and not lose a penny...
I can sell my bike today for what I paid for it in the fall of 2010. No lie!

+1

Yes I have seen my bike for sale in the states for $1000-$1500 less then its worth here, but I almost had mine written off from someone backing into it and was offered $800 more then I paid for it over a year after I bought it from the insurance company.

Not after they crash it. :rolleyes:

Remember a bike from the US is worth less then a Bike from Canada buying scheme of things. I know I would not spend the same price on a US bike that was imported vs a Can bike. However if you drive north better deals can be had it's just in the GTA that prices seem to be ridiculous high. I paid $2500 less for my bike by driving for 8 hours return.

Remember a bike from the US is worth less then a Bike from Canada buying scheme of things. I know I would not spend the same price on a US bike that was imported vs a Can bike. However if you drive north better deals can be had it's just in the GTA that prices seem to be ridiculous high. I paid $2500 less for my bike by driving for 8 hours return.

Why do you think a bike from the US isn't worth as much? How can you even tell because you'll have to change the speedo to KM's?

Why do you think a bike from the US isn't worth as much? How can you even tell because you'll have to change the speedo to KM's?

The used car dealerships have scammed way to many people with crap vehicles over the years by bringing up salvage vehicles. It's a trust thing. Also people know vehicles in the states are less expensive so they typically don't pay top dollar for them up here well at least that's been my experience.

I'm all for purchasing from the states used market if the deal is good enough but doing so just to make a buck has not been worth all the effort for myself in the past.

as was said, people don't trust imports. i have a mint sled for sale, 1 yr old, priced 1500 under average. still wont move, while others are.
as soon as people see it as an import, they tend to move on.

in my experiences, it takes about double the effort to sell an imported bike (or any vehicle) than a canadian one.

It's pretty easy to see if it's from out of province. You can check carfax. You can give the vin to a dealer to check for warranty if doesn't show up it's not from Canada. If the bike is several years old and you get a uvip it will show it only exsisted since imporation......in your case one year.

Thats not true when I moved back from LA to Toronto did not have to change my speedometer on my CBR as it has both option. As long as the dials show km you do not need to change.

as was said, people don't trust imports. i have a mint sled for sale, 1 yr old, priced 1500 under average. still wont move, while others are.
as soon as people see it as an import, they tend to move on.

in my experiences, it takes about double the effort to sell an imported bike (or any vehicle) than a canadian one.

I have heard that also any thoughts why as I was able to sell my bike imported from LA with no issues?

I have heard that also any thoughts why as I was able to sell my bike imported from LA with no issues?

it all depends on the buyer.

one day ill sell something with no hassle, ridiculous mark-up. the next will be practically losing money, and dealing with a faggot

Back
Top Bottom