If you join Motrek and Anik for the Pennsylvania trip on Friday, August 27th | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you join Motrek and Anik for the Pennsylvania trip on Friday, August 27th

Re: If you join Motrek... last year

And quite frankly MT, riders need warning - you invite without showing the conditions.

Conditions were posted in original thread. You never read them, as atested on the ride

The world is not MT centric and the idea is to have fun and look out after one another, not leave a newbie rider at the border and then everyone had to wait.....for one instance.....
You don't do that, period.

Your memory is faulty. The newbie rider was not left at the border. He mistakenly took off on route 5 and left us at the border if you recall. Seriously, recall.

Almost everything else, even though you were not there, is basically true.

Last edited:
Re: If you join Motrek... last year

I think MT has been pretty upfront with his rules, as per this and several other threads. So those who went should not have been too surprised. The neat thing with riding that far apart is that you could have taken the next turn and he would have never known that you had eacaped ;=)

Last edited:
Maybe a new username is in order "Rider Nazi" or something of that sort.

Very mature comment.

He makes rules for his rides, if you don't like or agree with it then don't attend. Pretty simply eh.

Funny how some of you soapbox/naysayers probably haven't ever organized/posted any of your own rides on gtamotorcycles.

The key issue that arises that those "rules" were not forthcoming. I made light of it but others deserve a heads up

a) yes I've ridden with Mototrek
b) yes I've gone on other rides including The James Bay Road recently and numerous others. Two or three riders is my limit.

so since you have not, afaik ridden with MT perhaps you are the one out of their knowledge base for this .

Wonderings of all people is not one you should question about riding experience.

The key issue that arises that those "rules" were not forthcoming. I made light of it but others deserve a heads up

a) yes I've ridden with Mototrek
b) yes I've gone on other rides including The James Bay Road recently and numerous others. Two or three riders is my limit.

so since you have not, afaik ridden with MT perhaps you are the one out of their knowledge base for this .

Wonderings of all people is not one you should question about riding experience.

Probably the first ride I did with MT was back in 2004-05, nice try though.

Care to show me one instance where your boy wonderings has organized a ride on gtam?

I guess I could use a sarcastic response like the others in this thread seeing that you only ride with 2 or3 riders at a time. Not really a group ride when it's only two of you.

Probably the first ride I did with MT was back in 2004-05, nice try though.Care to show me one instance where your boy wonderings has organized a ride on gtam?I guess I could use a sarcastic response like the others in this thread seeing that you only ride with 2 or3 riders at a time. Not really a group ride when it's only two of you.
I have never organized a ride on gtamotorcycle, my social circle of riding friends is outside of this forum, with people who would have never heard of this forum if not for me mentioning now and then. Yes, it's my choice to not attend his rides, and I would not with my given free choice. Not sure why organizing a gta ride with "nanny state" type rules gives you more cred, but each to there own. Not sure if I would classify this as a group ride with those distances, but thats just me. I am more then content with my riding and those I ride with. Well off to enjoy this fine evening, rubber side down all.

Yep 27 out and Niagara Falls light show is on til midnight......wander my way down soon after chatting with GF in Aus

I might think that MT's rules arent for me. But I can see where he is coming from.

Not like he is making anyone come for a ride. Im sure there are plenty who feel the exactly the same way.

From the posts I have seen from Mototrek - this guy seems to log alot of miles.. You might learn a thing or two (if you ever catch or find him that is :) )

Its sad how this thread turned into a personal attack on Mototrek. I personally would never go on a ride with him. However I don't feel the need to publicly mock him. I'd simply pass on his invitations.

I am a lot like him in that I like my solitude and a couple of beers after a long days ride. However, based on his comments I appears to me that he would be an ideal candidate for solo riding. It is all I do. There are always new friends to meet along the way for a person with the right attitude. Another option would be for MT to let others know where he's staying in PA so others traveling through the area could meet him for a beer in the evening. That way he gets peaceful riding conditions all day and social interaction at night. The best of both worlds. I would even respond to an invitation like that.

Now lets all have a big group hug.

Back
Top Bottom