If you haven't already, now is a good time to book training. | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you haven't already, now is a good time to book training.

Baggsy

Site Supporter
Before was better, but now should still be good.

Don't wait until the snow is gone.

Nah, everyone will wait until the first nice warm stretch of weather in April...and all of a sudden:

• Everyone will try to book their courses and find that one they really wanted in April is long gone, as are most in May...
  • Everyone with a bike already who needs it fixed will call every bike shop on the face of the planet and be surprised they're booked full for weeks or months already.
  • Everyone who parked their bike last fall without doing anything whatsoever for preventative maintenance will be surprised when then turn the key, hit the start button, and find it doesn't roar to life. Or even click.

'Tis alway the way. ;)

Hey, I'm super new to the forum. Are there recommendations for which places and courses are best? I'm still learning the forums here on this app. TIA!

P.s anyone know a mechanic lol, I bought a bike last year and just can't get it running! So frustrating. (81 Seca 750).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Hey, I'm super new to the forum. Are there recommendations for which places and courses are best? I'm still learning the forums here on this app. TIA!

P.s anyone know a mechanic lol, I bought a bike last year and just can't get it running! So frustrating. (81 Seca 750).

M1X or M2X ? I did my M1X with Rider's Training Institute (RTI) and recommend them. I think all known schools are good.

'83 Seca 900 was my first street bike back in the early 90's. Fun bike, I just hope you don't need parts for it as that could be an issue on a bike that's now approaching 40 years old.

Humber is probably close to you.

If you have a vehicle you can go where they have what you consider the best location, bikes, or time.

Otherwise, you're best to pick somewhere that is easy for you to get to.

For a mechanic, you could try Rosie Toes, he might be fairly close. Maybe check with Joe Bass' suggestions, he's in Woodbridge.

'83 Seca 900 was my first street bike back in the early 90's. Fun bike, I just hope you don't need parts for it as that could be an issue on a bike that's now approaching 40 years old.
Haha I'm looking at starters on eBay and luckily there's a bunch. I think I got a great deal on a bike that I had at one point gotten started. If I can't get her road ready in a 2-3 weeks I might just make it a project to learn on for things I'd like to know and buy another bike to actually ride for the season. I love the looks and fog light, plus there's some cool builds on Google images but fingers crossed for it to roar to life.

Great suggestion!!! I'm a coach with the California Superbike School (live in Vancouver, BC) and I'm a huge advocate of rider training. I'm off to Las Vegas on Friday to coach our second school of the year. Let me know if any of you have any questions about rider training, racing, track riding whatever :). (I also raced the Canadian Nationals and AMA for a few years!) Woot :)

I thought I was being smart and booked a refresher for April 13. When I think about how much the weather will need to change in a month, though...
Instructors will be out before then. :p

Just registered for my M test with learning curves, excited since I took the m2 exit and was very satisfied.

I went shopping last weekend and saw some instructors in a parking lot near Ottawa. There wasn't too much snow on the ground.

Just registered for my M test with learning curves, excited since I took the m2 exit and was very satisfied.
I believe that you registered for the M2 exit. The previous evaluation is called Gearing Up or the M1 exit.
Please let us know how they go about the process, and what you do each day of the course.

Back
Top Bottom