If you could have one bike... | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you could have one bike...

Great! Did you get hit with taxes or duties? I saw they put a disclaimer on their amazon ad and it kind of turned my off a bit. i legitimately considered the Danmoto XG1 but I saw reviews that they’re obviously loud and didnt want to annoy my neighbours
It was like 3 yrs ago but at the time duty no. Make sure your on amazon.ca. I'm pretty sure you never get charged duty ever from there . Sometimes tax depending on where it comes from.

No grandkids yet (as far as I know). When they arrive they will get Rupps.
I have a 1976 340 Sprint project going cheap if they want a sled.....

I will have to research your point to argue against it.
Having the valves positively opened and closed has to be an advantage. No valve float has got to be better than valve springs.
Will get back to you.
And don't forget that you don't lose HP compressing valve springs. That said , like you, I don't really know if desmo is a + or -.

SV650

Miss that bike - bulletproof and best all-rounder

*Or* my old K5 GSXR1000 (memories haha)

My Yamaha 350 elsie.
( Buyer beware - Seller told me it had fresh top end when I bought it. Nursed it through a number of tankfuls and then went for a RIP. I was north of 160kph when I heard a strange sound - it was the rear tire squealing. Grabbed a handful of clutch and got stopped without incident. Later on I pulled the heads to find one cast Yammie piston and one forged wiseco slug)

If the question is what previous bike would I want to add back to my stable, it's the R6 hands down. As scary as it was, it was still a fun ride, and the noise coming from the Yoshimura was incredible.

If the question is to pick just one bike to stick with for good, I don't know that I could do that. Nothing really does everything well. A muscle bike like the HD breakout, I suppose, is a good mix of cruise and excitement, but I wouldn't want it on a long trip. Also probably not that great at carving with it's wide rear tire and weight. R1 makes an amazing noise, looks sexy as all hell and would be awesome to ride. But that bike would be out to kill me at any opportunity, not to mention it's nice to sit up once in a while. I am getting to the age where I kinda want to ride a lazy boy sometimes, so a road/street glide are considerations, but that's ALOT of money to put into two wheels. On the plus side there though, Milwaukee iron tends to hold value well.

In all honesty, If I could afford it, I'd have way too many bikes. No one style or brand will ever scratch every itch.

My favourite bike owned is a 2001 Buell S3T.

Sport touring bike that was comfortable all day, reasonably quick. Could wheelie like a hooligan bike should, got decent fuel mileage. Sounded awesome.

I’d buy one again. For the right price and right condition.
04457c7f9e3ce5331c3e4f23a512d167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom