If it sounds too good to be true... | GTAMotorcycle.com

If it sounds too good to be true...

Who is supposed to stop them? Governments are addicted to exports. That brings new money into the country. Similar to development charges attached to new housing, people may complain (and maybe even the majority of local residents), but the money is just too big for there to be any outcome other than proceed as desired.

Two possibilities:

- It's actually a complete fabrication and is an unsafe piece of junk.
- It's actually a real helmet and someones buying them out the back door of the factory making the real things.

It's probably #1. Good chance of seizure at the border as they do watch for counterfeits when it comes to safety items like this.

If we all chipped in a few bucks each we could order one collectively and do a teardown to find out exactly what's going on here. ;)

Or it's the wrong pictures for the motocross helmet advertisement text.

Arai helmets are only made in there Japanese factory, no china imports or back door inventory deals. ARAI Master helmet builders take 15 years to learn their trade and get the master designation. I think there is only about a dozen of them and every helmet comes from there hands. No Arai helmet is polycarb plastic or inferior, there all top quality.

Arai helmets are only made in there Japanese factory, no china imports or back door inventory deals. ARAI Master helmet builders take 15 years to learn their trade and get the master designation. I think there is only about a dozen of them and every helmet comes from there hands. No Arai helmet is polycarb plastic or inferior, there all top quality.
Sounds great, but they have failed on performance testing more than once. Not sure if that is a design or manufacturing problem, but when I am paying that much for a lid, the possibility of poor crash performance should not even be on the radar.

Here's one failed report.

What is that a copy of exactly? A Corsair V? I'm not an Arai guy

The way I read it, the helmet failed cold weather and water submersion tests, so its not certified for snowmobiling or boat racing.
Am I reading this right ?
It failed impact testing. Now I have no idea if being slightly over the criteria is bad for your brain or not. Arai charges enough and the criteria are well known so there is no excuse for not complying with the standard.

Two possibilities:

- It's actually a real helmet and someones buying them out the back door of the factory making the real things.

It's probably #1. Good chance of seizure at the border as they do watch for counterfeits when it comes to safety items like this.
It says the shell is ABS. Afaik, arai is only glass or carbon so that puts it firmly in category 1. Well, it's not necessarily unsafe, it has just never been tested so who knows.

What is that a copy of exactly? A Corsair V? I'm not an Arai guy

looks like an RX-7 copy. It is a fake without a doubt, the graphics give it away, Arai don't cut around the vents as poorly.
Here is a Genuine one, the graphics are applied like a work of art, not a 5 year old's art and crafts project
arai-rx-7v-vinales-test.jpg

I have an XD-4. and 2 Shoei's. The Arai is much better in terms of comfort and build. Helmets are personal, however I love Arai's philosophy, build, and quality. That said I have had a few issues with the XD-4. one with the cheekpads coming off, which warranty fixed (took a lousy 4 months), and when the rep fixed that, he/she seemed to have broken the top vents, which I will give in again later this season

Two possibilities:

I think there are 3 possibilities............

You're assuming you'd even get delivery of something. I'm 99% sure this is just a scam site, you pay your money and delivery is delayed and delayed and delayed then the site disappears, just like your money did.

Look at all of the typos and context errors. Check their refund and return policies.

Free Shipping to
United States Via ePacket
Estimated delivery time: 28 D’oct. and 19 De nov., ships out within 3 business days
Logistics Delay Notification

"Due to the pandemic situation, the current capacity of air transport is very limited, warehouses of all major logistics companies have overcrowded and waiting for further arrangements. In order to protect your rights and interests, please pay attention to the logistics tracking information".

Return policy details​

• Buyers can return item(s) for a refund within 7 days from the day the item(s) were received, and the buyer is to afford the return shipping cost. The item(s) must be returned in the same exact condition as once it was delivered.
  • Buyers may return the item(s) for a refund if they are not as described or with quality issues within 7 days from the day the item(s) were received.The buyer is required to afford the return shipping cost, based on the condition of the item(s) received.

That's why I always pay for anything even remotely dodgy online with my Amex card. One phone call to say "Something I bought never arrived" and boom, refunded. It's then the vendors problem to prove they actually shipped it and I received it.

They take great pains to never show you the back panel were the DOT sticker should be....
If they are going to knock off everything else, I don't know why they would bother skipping the fake sticker.

Back
Top Bottom