Icon Variant (Dirt style) Helmet on a Sportbike

• Steezy as ****

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • As wack as Harleys

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Holmes

This is a steez question. What do y'all think about rocking the Icon Variant (or similar lids) on a sportbike?

I'm not asking for myself, just as a general inquiry lol.

Icon_Variant-Etched.jpg

Helmets with peaks are a bad idea on the street.

wouldnt be that bad as a secondary helmet. I'd like one just for booting around/stunting.

wouldnt be that bad as a secondary helmet. I'd like one just for booting around/stunting.

Its ok if you dont plan on going over 80 km/h.

Borrow a dirtbike helmet one day and go for a ride on the highway, you will see what i mean.

Its ok if you dont plan on going over 80 km/h.

Borrow a dirtbike helmet one day and go for a ride on the highway, you will see what i mean.

My understanding of the variant (and the shoei and arai versions) is that they have better aerodynamics than a normal dirt helmet. Obviously they will still have more drag than a normal street helmet. Im just sayin I think it would be legit for stunting/posing etc... I wouldnt rock one for the twisties or a long slab haul.

My understanding of the variant (and the shoei and arai versions) is that they have better aerodynamics than a normal dirt helmet. Obviously they will still have more drag than a normal street helmet. Im just sayin I think it would be legit for stunting/posing etc... I wouldnt rock one for the twisties or a long slab haul.

It would help keep the sun out your eyes as well.

The variant has been tested and has zero lift at higway speeds. However, shoulder checks do cause some pull. If I keep the KTM I will be buying an Adventure type full face helmet, and the Variant is in the running. However, there is an AFX 39 that is getting rave reviews as well

I'm not sure why....but I do like this helmet. If it doesn't lift at highway speeds, I may check it out.

Also, I don't understand the language that was used in this poll....so I will abstain. :p

The only things that should have skulls on are pirates flags and WWII German officers lapels.

Don't know about that one but the Bell Mag 8 also has a peak and there is no lift at all even if I drop the windscreen right down and get a face full.

bell_mag8_candyred.jpg

Screen slides up into the visor so only about an inch protrudes -I just pull it down under adverse conditions - other wise it's an open face. Cheap too.

http://www.thebellstore.com/Helmets/mag8.html

I was considering getting the Variant for a while. Icon has a video of someone taking it up to 90mph, and it still looked pretty stable. They also used it in their RX-7 vs ZX-10 drift battle. (Exhibit A: Awesome.) Nick Apex wears the Hi-Viz Variant, and I have to admit, it looked pretty awesome. (Although it might have been because the filter.) The downside is that the visor adjustment. You can't open the visor "just a crack", since the first detent is well over an inch away.

In the end, when I finally tried it on, it didn't fit my head. Oh well.

My Variant is fine at 200 clicks.
It's also good-looking (unlike the skull one in the photo)!
But for higher speeds it would not really be the perfect lid...
Also, please post all Poll questions in regular English that makes sense, so we may reply.

when i first saw these new helmets thought they were pretty cool looking. Ive heard they have the best all around view then most helmets but i have heard they are extremely brutal at high speeds. Very loud and if u look up to the sky on a nice day be ready to get a good pull. also side to side is crap too. if your like me who likes to tour out and about away from the city and gawk around i dont think this helmet is very good. But have heard that its great if your only using it in amongst the city. great vision

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom