I want one so bad | GTAMotorcycle.com

I want one so bad

I love the look of the Super Duke R but I don’t race or track. I tour.
Every time I watch a video or see a Super Duke I want one. Realistically my 1190 Adventure is a way more capable sport bike than I need and I can and do play in the dirt. I just love the Super Duke GT for its looks. I’ve never like ADV bike looks.
So after watching and posting that video I went out and ran the big girl down Lakeshore rd. Newcastle to Port Hope and back. It’s almost all gravel right now.
What a rush ? I love my big girl again.

I have the 2017 version. This bike is very much on the sport side of sport touring. The panniers are rated at 160-170 kmph watched the video to see if they would fly off lol.

I have the 2017 version. This bike is very much on the sport side of sport touring. The panniers are rated at 160-170 kmph watched the video to see if they would fly off lol.

? I didn’t know panniers came with speed ratings. I’m not going to disclose how fast my dewalt tough box looking luggage has gone due to it may incriminate me?
But really that should be fast enough and it is a rating so you know it will take more.
Probably well over 200kph

It's not a speed rating for the panniers to fall off. It's a speed rating for the motorcycle when panniers filled to their max weight. The added weight plus wind resistance can cause weaving at high speed, hence the speed rating.
My Multistrada has a similar rating.

? I didn’t know panniers came with speed ratings. I’m not going to disclose how fast my dewalt tough box looking luggage has gone due to it may incriminate me?
But really that should be fast enough and it is a rating so you know it will take more.

You know the side bins are full and you are going way too fast when your rear suspension bottoms out on a gentle turn in the highway.

Racing a 1290cc adventure bike?
Why not?
The panniers on the ape have a speed limit. In practice, the panniers were not a problem. They top box though. Ugh. If your speed is up there with the top box on, it causes a weird rear end float (similar to an expanded metal bridge).

Back
Top Bottom