I sold my green plated bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

I sold my green plated bike

Iceman

I sold my green plated bike and kept the plate. What do I do with it now?
Up to you. You can keep it and transfer it to your next green plated bike or return it to the Service Ontario.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Msowsun

Up to you. You can keep it and transfer it to your next green plated bike or return it to the Service Ontario.

Do you have any idea what kind of money I can get back for it? I don't plan on buying another green plated bike. And I don't want to stand in line for one hour to get back 5 bucks.

Iceman

What he said ^^
Keep it as a souvenir.

Lightcycle

Motorcycle Nomad
Site Supporter
Do you have any idea what kind of money I can get back for it? I don't plan on buying another green plated bike. And I don't want to stand in line for one hour to get back 5 bucks.

The only benefit to returning the plate is unlinking you to it. Just in case the plate ever gets stolen and used in a crime, or to evade tolls, etc. Or even if photo radar, 407 video cameras takes a snapshot of someone else who faked up your license plate number. Then you won't be surprised with a bill in the mail.

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
My meighbour with a service ontario office recommends bringing in old plates so they are unlinked from you as said above. If the number shows up in a police investigation, you are in the clear. No huge rush, so you could return them when you have other business.

boyoboy

About a year ago I checked to see if I was linked to any vehicles - I knew there were probably a few.
27. yup, 27. mostly cars trucks and bikes, and a couple trailers. Thats a lot of plates. 40 year eye opener.

xrljoel

About a year ago I checked to see if I was linked to any vehicles - I knew there were probably a few.
27. yup, 27. mostly cars trucks and bikes, and a couple trailers. Thats a lot of plates. 40 year eye opener.
Oh oh. based on your story I have some concerns.

How do you do that?

xrljoel

Just go into any Service Ontario office and get them to print out a report of all the plates registered to your name.

If you want to de-register a plate, you'll have to bring the plate in in to return it. If you don't have it anymore, you have to fill out a police form to report it lost/stolen.
Thanks!

On my to do list.

boyoboy

Oh oh. based on your story I have some concerns.

How do you do that?
as others stated, at service ontario. when I went they gave me a list of the plates/vehicles still in my name.
they had a form to fill out where you state plate was lost - the space on the front of form wasn't large enough to fit all the vehicles, but I was permitted to use the back of the sheet too. no costs to me, except a small charge for the list ..maybe I think. if so, was only a few dollars for print out.

I certainly did not have to get any police involved at all. did this at cambridge ON service ontario. When doing the paper work, I stated plates were lost for all the vehicles/trailers on the form - thats it- you state the date and sign. I never stated any plates were stolen. some plates were dated back to the 70's lol

Last edited:

Top Bottom