HWK Riding Gear | GTAMotorcycle.com

HWK Riding Gear

ToSlow

Site Supporter
I know you get what you pay for, But has anyone got any riding experience wearing this gear?

I'm thinking on ordering a jacket fr0m amazon.

They are cheap to buy. But the reviews seem to be good on them. Watched a few on YouTube and read a few

Can't speak to the jacket but the pants are great! I've been wearing them for two seasons. Well built, lots of pockets, decent armour in hips and knees, excellent venting, fits true to size, perfect for for summer. A little too thin for late falls rides (10 degrees and under). Best $45 I've spent on riding gear. If I had a need for the jacket, I'd definitely buy it.

I think @MacDoc uses this brand and he has good things to say about it...I looked it up on Amazon, and the reviews are good, but alas, no gear for women (at least when I looked at them)

Not form fitting and has a lot of adjustment ( best I've ridden in ).
Amazon of course allows returns.
You looking at Jacket and pants?

Looking at both, but wondering what design would work best as they show different cuts

I needed a new jacket as I the circumference around my middle body grew considerably during the pandemic. I was looking to buy something not that expensive because I need to go back in shape and riding without a jacket was not an option for me.

I purchased the HKW jacket because I saw that @MacDoc recommended the brand. I can tell you they fit on the large side, if I buy it again I would go for one size smaller. The "protection" is like soft foam, which means no protection at all, but I ended up putting the protectors of my previous jacket. I think for the price is a reasonable purchase, but as soon as I get back to my weight goal (keep saying that for 3 years now) I will purchase something better.

they have womens gear but alot of their product is sold out right now it seems from their website.

Some of the amazon reviews mention low quality stitching. The seams coming apart is the last thing you want when you're sliding on the pavement.

Also this guy did a review and his pants are wearing badly:

You get what you pay for.
ATGATT is all about buying the best gear you can afford, and wearing it.
Generally the more expensive gear is better. Not always, but usually.

I agree with you Wingboy. I think these are a good option for somebody on a tight budget (I mean somebody genuinely on a tight budget, not somebody who has money but is just a cheapskate) because they are surely more protective than just riding around in jeans, but if you can afford something from a reputable motorcycle gear brand then that is the better option. A company like alpinestars will crash test their gear, and they know if they produce low quality gear that doesn't hold up in a crash, their reputation will be destroyed. Doubt you can claim the same about HWK. Maybe as their reputation grows things will change, everyone has to start somewhere.

When i look at new gear,i try to imagine how it would hold up in a getoff at the track. Where it's safer, no trees, bus stops, curbs, traffic etc etc.
If i think it will hold up there, out should be ok on the street where it's is dangerous.
And don't tell me it's safer on the street because you are a good slow rider.

Last edited:
I have a pair of HWK pants. I've worn them more than that guy and they are still Like New. I also have 3 other pairs of pants for different conditions, so the HWKs are for sale. They are not exactly like his. They are summer pants with cargo pockets. They fit well and have ample adjustment and ventilation. I'm 6'2" - 220 lbs. The armour is the cheapest you can get, but its easy to upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_6655.jpeg
    IMG_6655.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6656.jpeg
    IMG_6656.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6654.jpeg
    IMG_6654.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 17
My only issue was with the lightweight pair I bought that they do not make any more. One of the fasteners failed ....was not a big deal to put new on. I'm very pleased with the gear.....and no I don't dress for the fall .....stupid attitude IMNSHO.
2/3rds of riders never come off on pavement. I'm ATGTA...all the gear that's appropriate. Off pavement I gear up differently than on the street.
58 years riding, no road rash ...a torn rotator cuff by not doing up my jacket properly off pavement.
I put 28,000 km on my HWK gear and very satisfied.
Just from the design you know they are rider oriented - amazing a textile jacket with their air flow design is cooler than my mesh.
All of their gear is super adjustable to fit.
1761bfd8f56248f571d2ba53e7a2603b7a0a1ae4.jpg
Matches the bike eh :rolleyes:

Very happy with my Adv jacket and pants. Zero problems after one year . They are comfortable, look decent and are well constructed.
Would buy again of course.
Pic attached showing the gear with a vintage ODSC patch for some color!

Phil

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_103411949_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221024_103411949_HDR.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 20
Very happy with my Adv jacket and pants. Zero problems after one year . They are comfortable, look decent and are well constructed.
Would buy again of course.
Pic attached showing the gear with a vintage ODSC patch for some color!

Phil
Thanks for posting, I’ve ridden with odsc on a few rides

Wish I had the light coloured pants. Have the jacket but not the white pants. Since I already own two pair of pants it's not in the cards to correct that :rolleyes:
Even tho not made any more the light weight pants are welcome in the current heat.
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at Dec, 15    2022    8.06.10 PM.jpg
Huge mesh panels - not as durable as their regular riding pants
1671098892278.png

81QxJ5hd7zL._AC_SX679_.jpg

These are heavier construction ....can't swear to the waterproof bit.
Reissa_resized.jpg
Reissa® is a functional fabric with breathable membrane with high sensitivity concerning weather conditions. It is an advanced textile with a highly developed specific polyurethane resin coating or membrane. This technology creates an extremely thin waterproof coating or membrane that is light weight for wearing comfort but extremely durable. It is highly resistant to rain, wind and snow while maintaining breathability. It is very flexible and has a comfortable soft touch. AGV Sport is using it in many of their textile jackets.

FWIW HWK is a US company manufacturing in Pakistan and designed by riders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at Dec, 15    2022    8.04.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at Dec, 15 2022 8.04.48 PM.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Gryphon also uses REISSA in their waterproof jackets and pants.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Reactions: TK4
What would be more comfortable on extremely hot days, the white HWK pants or kevlar jeans? I find that even jeans are too hot on the hottest days, especially if you're not moving fast. I was thinking of getting the Scorpion Drafter mesh pants but the HWK pants are 1/4 the price.

Back
Top Bottom