Huntsville Haliburton Heat - Saturday July 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Huntsville Haliburton Heat - Saturday July 18

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Saturday looks to be another hot one. Perfect for a spirited ride into Haliburton with lots of technical, twisty roads.
No gravel intended - just paved roads. If you have ridden with me before - same sort of thing.
6 riders max. (2 confirmed, 4 maybe)
Not suitable for new riders.

Pace: responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and fun in the corners. No hooligan or stupid stuff.
Fuel: Gas tank range should be minimum 200km with breaks every 2 hours or so.
Lunch: Grab something from Subway or pack a lunch - either way we'll eat at a nice river or lake - I know a few quiet, scenic spots to chill out.
Depart: Mississauga @ 6:30am
Meetups: Can use the gas station at Woodbine/Davis Drive as a meet spot around 7:30am or anywhere along the way along the 401/404.
Return: Ideally back home to Mississauga by 7pm.
PM or post if up you are in.

Route: expect about 900km (round trip from Mississauga).
Updated routes:
Route to Haliburton: Mississauga to Haliburton
1594908118541.png

Route after Haliburton: Haliburton to Mississauga
1594907641288.png

Last edited:
You have a route in mind?

Would like to join but I think I will be working.
Priorities...?

I'm a maybe. I'm teaching a night class this week, finish up at Midnight Friday -- if I take the fast bike I can meet up in Orillia (you gotta promise me some 16x sweepers). We can stop for a swim at my sister's place on Kushog.

Sounds good. I think I will reverse the route now and instead of running up the 400, will run up to the top of the 404 instead and also come back that way. I can modify the route so we run Kushog on the way back, so an early afternoon dip might be just the thing we all need!

I’ll post up the revised route later tonight.

So far there is one other rider in for sure and with you - 2 maybe’s.

edit: posted updated routes with Kushog on the way home, about 2 hrs after grabbing some lunch in Haliburton

Last edited:
I rode with you a few years ago on my CBR, it was a great time. My first group ride in fact. I'd like to come but my Magna fuel tank doesn't make it much past 200km. Write me down as a Maybe, I'll know for sure tomorrow

Not 100% but Covid-19 stage 3 might be coming this Friday to place near you. Hopefully, more places open up north.

Saturday looks to be another hot one. Perfect for a spirited ride into Haliburton with lots of technical, twisty roads.
No gravel intended - just paved roads. If you have ridden with me before - same sort of thing.
6 riders max. (2 confirmed, 4 maybe)
Not suitable for new riders.

Pace: responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and fun in the corners. No hooligan or stupid stuff.
Fuel: Gas tank range should be minimum 200km with breaks every 2 hours or so.
Lunch: Grab something from Subway or pack a lunch - either way we'll eat at a nice river or lake - I know a few quiet, scenic spots to chill out.
Depart: Mississauga @ 6:30am
Meetups: Can use the gas station at Woodbine/Davis Drive as a meet spot around 7:30am or anywhere along the way along the 401/404.
Return: Ideally back home to Mississauga by 7pm.
PM or post if up you are in.

Route: expect about 900km (round trip from Mississauga).
Updated routes:
Route to Haliburton: Mississauga to Haliburton
View attachment 44093

Route after Haliburton: Haliburton to Mississauga
View attachment 44091
Do you have space for one more rider?

Already committed to riding with a few people tomorrow. I'm in for the next one (but not next weekend, i'm at the cottage).

Back
Top Bottom