How to Pass the Motorcycle Test to Get Your M2 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to Pass the Motorcycle Test to Get Your M2

Hey guys, do you know if you do the m1 exit (outside of a course), do they check the bike etc.? I was going to use my friends bike, but just realized he only has a temp sticker on it.

Hey guys, do you know if you do the m1 exit (outside of a course), do they check the bike etc.? I was going to use my friends bike, but just realized he only has a temp sticker on it.
When doing the M1 Exit Test you are provided a bike by the testers. I'm pretty certain that they will not let you use your own bike. At least I've never seen anyone do the test on a bike they brought with them. There's usually a variety of bikes to choose from (Groms, CBR 125/300, GSX250, CB300F, Rebel 300, some dirt bikes etc).
Some of the bikes are not in the best of shape. They've been dropped and abused and the clutches may be burned out and not engaging very smoothly.

If you didn't take the course but are just doing the test they should provide you with a bike. I'm not 100% sure of this so you should contact the place doing the testing and find that out.

If you're doing your test through drivetest you have to provide your own bike as to your original question I'm not sure.

I do not think Drive Test provides vehicles.

Yes they will inspect all vehicles being used for working lights, etc.

Temp sticker should be fine as long as it's still valid, you could always call or do some google hunting.

Drivetest centres do not provide vehicles. You have to take your own. I don't recall if they checked my bike for M2X, but they always checked my car for G1X/G2X. Better to have everything working.

Last edited:
They're supposed to check the bike.

Thanks so much everyone. Last question, has the course changed recently? Cause last time I did my m2 a few years ago (before it expired), and it was this figure 8 pylon thingy and you had to go drive on the road and make a turn etc. This seems to be a different obstacle course.

Thanks so much everyone. Last question, has the course changed recently? Cause last time I did my m2 a few years ago (before it expired), and it was this figure 8 pylon thingy and you had to go drive on the road and make a turn etc. This seems to be a different obstacle course.
I've seen videos of what you're describing. The test my wife just did is described in the video at the top of this list. This is also the test I took over twenty years ago. However, I've also seen the test you're describing which is totally different. Depends on where you take it and who is doing the testing. Maybe if you take the course it's one test and if you take it at a drive test centre its the figure eight. Maybe someone else knows better than I do...

Back
Top Bottom