How to drain gas tank without making a mess? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to drain gas tank without making a mess?

So it's never been able to start since that time it stalled?

No, it wouldn't even make any noise like in the previous video (so probably dead battery?)

The lights still turned on though.

I have to emphasis that due to my mental state between August and April, I didn't verify anything on the bike (battery voltage after it died and got towed, fuel stab, and oil change come to mind as things that I should have done) so there may be more problems due to letting the bike just sit.

Agree @fltsc, the bike dying during a ride may be related to a bad ground. would fit well.
reply/quote - got them messed up folks...

I'll trace the (-) wire this weekend. Thank you.

There's more grounds then just the one at the battery. I did a quick google search and it sounds like there is 4 that are bolted to the rear cylinder. Like mentioned clean off any corrosion with sand paper, scotch brite pads or steel wool and reconnect. Do a better job doing a google search on your ground locations and maybe try to find a wiring diagram for your bike before the weekend.

I don't know man, that looks pretty complicated I see a lot of relays there, i think you might be better dropping it off at my place.

attachment.php

I'd be willing to bet that if you replace the battery you'll have no more issues.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info and support guys. Will report back after this weekend.

I'm simply gonna use a car battery to start the bike lol, if it works I'll get a new battery.

What I'm a little confused about is why this RSV is chewing through batteries (2 within 3 years) whereas my 08 GSXR went through 1 within 6 years (last 2 years were track only, so I rode it two times a month) and I only took it out during winter to charge so it can't be from a "lack of riding" comparison.
If you've gone through 2 batteries in 3 seasons, (assuming they are decent quality batteries) I would be looking at the charging system when you get it running. If your voltage regulator is allowing too high of voltage back to the battery, your battery will get fried pretty quickly.

I'd be willing to bet that if you replace the battery you'll have no more issues.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I hope you are right.

And @Trials ; I've seen that diagram on Google before lol it looks like a time consuming endeavor.

If you've gone through 2 batteries in 3 seasons, (assuming they are decent quality batteries) I would be looking at the charging system when you get it running. If your voltage regulator is allowing too high of voltage back to the battery, your battery will get fried pretty quickly.

Good point, baby steps first....then I'll go confuse myself on regulator stuff.

And @Trials ; I've seen that diagram on Google before lol it looks like a time consuming endeavor.
That's not good :| the wiring schematic is suppose to save you a ton of time and effort to fix it. The scariest thing about this one is the lack of any detail inside the ECU :/ I assume you are suppose to just have a brand new known good ECU on the shelf ready to test at any time.

Back
Top Bottom