How much do you pay for insurance? | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much do you pay for insurance?

Good stuff!
I'm a big fan of the "do better" and "nope, try again" approach. Worked well for insurance and has also worked well for mortgage rates in the past.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
If you don't ask you don't get. I know timid people who were paying twice what I was for the exact same package. with rogers. I got tired of the twice yearly 2-3 hour calls with those priccks.

My campervan (98 Roadtrek) has everything, fire, theft, collision. It costs about 450$/year. And I get a rebate of about 140$ for being stored over the winter.
My cheapest bike with the bare mininum (no fire theft or collision) runs around 500$/year.
Can anyone explain how that makes sense?

The premium on your bike is mainly accident benefits - as bikes fairly cheap to reimburse, while people being injured are not.

Rec trailers by contrast probably (just assuming here) are less likely to be involved in claims, resulting in a lower premium. The rebate you're referring to probably means suspension of coverages, so no liability/other things are required while it's stationary and mainly only covering comprehensive perils (fire/theft/vandalism/etc.).

I have been calling insurance companies to see whats the cost now that I am 25, but it looks like 30 is the new 25. Looks like the cost to ride is at an all-time high. I used to use Aviva for my old bike but now they don't insure anyone under 6 years licensed.

25, male, single
M2 since 2017
G since 2014, insured car since
No tickets, accidents, or claims
Live in Toronto

How much do you pay for insurance?
$1,000 full coverage on a 2008 Triumph Thruxton 900 with $2M liability. 44 year old male.

Didn't feel like making my own thread, but I have a question.

I'm planning on changing insurance providers. My renewal date is Nov 10th. The best rate I found is with Johnson insurance and there's a referral code type of deal through my work.

The issue is they are telling me they are only doing policies until Nov 5th and then after that they are "re-branding" or getting bought out etc by Belair Direct.

My concern is getting some sort of silly consequence from cancelling my policy as of Nov 5th as opposed to just not renewing after the 10th. Can I just cancel as of my renewal date? And start a new policy on Nov 5th? Having 2 policies covering the same vehicle overlapping between Nov 5-10? Am I overthinking it?

I highly doubt there will be any rate changes due to the rebranding but if you want to make double sure just instruct them to stop the current policy 5 days earlier and start the new one for Nov 5. There will be no issues.

Didn't feel like making my own thread, but I have a question.

I'm planning on changing insurance providers. My renewal date is Nov 10th. The best rate I found is with Johnson insurance and there's a referral code type of deal through my work.

The issue is they are telling me they are only doing policies until Nov 5th and then after that they are "re-branding" or getting bought out etc by Belair Direct.

My concern is getting some sort of silly consequence from cancelling my policy as of Nov 5th as opposed to just not renewing after the 10th. Can I just cancel as of my renewal date? And start a new policy on Nov 5th? Having 2 policies covering the same vehicle overlapping between Nov 5-10? Am I overthinking it?
Yeah I am worried about this too. I've been with Johnson for a while and got the letter about the buy out. My renewal isn't until next year so it should be interesting to see what happens.

Yes, you're overthinking it. You can always cancel early (before renewal date) - it's just that there will probably be a short rate cancellation that includes a penalty fee. Most often that fee is determined by the amount of time left in the term. ie. 5 days before end of term is most likely next to nothing. Probably a couple bucks.

I pay one of the highest premiums in this forum I think. $8300 for insurance through Facility (Highest risk riders) for my 2023 S1000RR M. Brand new from the dealership. I was 25 years old and on M2, and this is my very first motorcycle. Thinking of switiching this year after my 1 year of experience. What are some alternatives?

Last edited:
Ah yes, I remember being in my 20's with a solid disposable income already and spending my money questionably lol.

I'm not sure if I look back on it from the perspective of "I wish I'd saved more of my money back then" versus "I sure did a lot of cool things back then". Probably the latter honestly, and I'm kind of still that way within reason, opting to just have fun today vs worrying a ton about tomorrow - YOLO.

Ah yes, I remember being in my 20's with a solid disposable income already and spending my money questionably lol.

I'm not sure if I look back on it from the perspective of "I wish I'd saved more of my money back then" versus "I sure did a lot of cool things back then". Probably the latter honestly, and I'm kind of still that way within reason, opting to just have fun today vs worrying a ton about tomorrow - YOLO.
At 20, I thought life was passing fast, I decided then to cram 40 years of living into the next 20.

And I did. Worked too hard, made bank, played too hard, won and lost some big bets.

I don’t regret anything, good or bad. A more tempered lifestyle would have me wealthier today, and for sure the body wouldn’t be asking for as many replacement parts.

You only live once. I try not to waste a second.

At 20, I thought life was passing fast, I decided then to cram 40 years of living into the next 20.

And I did. Worked too hard, made bank, played too hard, won and lost some big bets.

I don’t regret anything, good or bad. A more tempered lifestyle would have me wealthier today, and for sure the body wouldn’t be asking for as many replacement parts.

You only live once. I try not to waste a second.
Whoa, deja vu.

Back
Top Bottom