How about a €50,000 spoon? (Aprilia's new track bike) | GTAMotorcycle.com

How about a €50,000 spoon? (Aprilia's new track bike)

Priller

Key numbers:

- €50,000
- 230 HP
- 166 kg

Also, you get a spoon to go with your wing (knife?), and a cover and mat! Otherwise, it's like someone ticked all the boxes on the OPP racing web store. Clip-ons? Check. Rearsets? Check. Brembo everything for brakes? Check. Magnesium wheels? Check. Etc.

There's only 100 available, better move fast!

Joking aside, it looks like it'll go like stink, but only in the right hands. Would be absolutely terrifying at Mosport...

Park it beside your Kawasaki H2R.

Considering it weighs somewhere in the region of 110 lbs less, it'd be a fun race to watch. A track with a long straight might let you use 310 hp, but the weight will count more everywhere else. My money would be heavily on the Aprilia except maybe somewhere like Losail with a slow corner onto a long straight.

Either way, a classic bench race because there's no way we'd see it. Even if both bikes together still cost less than an M5...

They will sell out almost instantly and I doubt any will ever see the track.

Probably. The pose/collectability factor with Aprilia is a lot lower than it is with Ducati, though. I bet a few of these end up in the hands of well-off track day enthusiasts in Europe. It would be a wild ride at Mugello or Jerez...

Back
Top Bottom