House call for bike safety? | GTAMotorcycle.com

House call for bike safety?

Any shops do this?

I believe this is technically illegal, Not saying it doesn't get done....... I would suggest searching instead me posting about someone doing something illegal ;)

I believe this is technically illegal, Not saying it doesn't get done....... I would suggest searching instead me posting about someone doing something illegal ;)

So do I get the bike trailered to a shop?
Sorry first time having to get a safety done

So do I get the bike trailered to a shop?
Sorry first time having to get a safety done

Trailer it, tow it, maybe the shop you are going to has some suggestions. Not sure about the legalities of having someone come to your house to do a safety, but I think it is illegal.

Use this forum, find a reputable shop near you and contact them about getting the bike in for a safety.

Here we go......................................

Trailer it, tow it, maybe the shop you are going to has some suggestions. Not sure about the legalities of having someone come to your house to do a safety, but I think it is illegal.

Use this forum, find a reputable shop near you and contact them about getting the bike in for a safety.

Are there any favoured shops or site supporters?

Also depends if your looking for a "GOOD safety" which will ensure your bike is safe in all respects or just a safety "to get the plates" if looking for the "good" safety I am sure members here will direct you. If looking for paperwork only then some Cdn tires will do it, but they usually have NO clue what they are doing on bikes..lol

There are a lot of smaller shops, that will do the inspection... And they know what they are looking for.... Just have to call and ask.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Here we go......................................
My thoughts exactly...

Expecting "why don't people wave back?" Threads soon..

Pm me if you don't care if its a proper safety and just want the papers.... (all house calls are considered "not a proper safety inspection)

The best/safest way is to trailer it or get temp plates

Last edited:
It's not like a trailer is that expensive. I rented a Uhaul truck and motorcycle trailer for $35 last week to move my bike. (plus gas and km's I think the total was $75)

Not to be rude, but if you can't afford that, maybe this isn't the hobby for you. Owning a bike is expensive.

Z1 cycletech will do an honest and thorough inspection ... IF this is not what you're looking for and just some quick, lights work, bike starts .. then yes, this is illegal.

If it's still listed as 'fit', you can insure it, get a temp sticker, ride it to the shop, take the paperwork and get a proper sticker. Costs 15 bucks and is good for 10 days.

Um. You're allowed to ride to go get a safety. You need a T plate from the MTO they will give you one no problem. I've even extended them by a week.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom