Horses and motorcycles | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Horses and motorcycles

Yes, I don't get that. A horse can drop a steamer anywhere they see fit with impunity. No scoop laws for them.
To be fair, it does break down pretty quickly and is less slippery and smelly than dog *&^*&^ but still, no good excuse for not improving the situation (either poop hammock or shovel into the woods). There shouldn't need to be laws to tell you not the leave excrement on a trail.

I don't recall any horse incidents, except when I dropped my reins as a kid at Cooper's Falls.

Seen a few bike incidents though.

Almost got trampled by a horse pulling a flatbed wagon coming out of Elora. Young girl at the reins had no control. She was making a left turn (i guess? Mennonite with no signals) i shut the bike off and waved her thru.
I have had Mennonite buggys turn left while following them. Again, no signals.

Almost got trampled by a horse pulling a flatbed wagon coming out of Elora. Young girl at the reins had no control. She was making a left turn (i guess? Mennonite with no signals) i shut the bike off and waved her thru.
I have had Mennonite buggys turn left while following them. Again, no signals.
As we've sadly seen, that can have a tragic ending.

Meanwhile their beast takes a huge shat right in the middle of the multi-use trail and they pretend their *&^^ doesn't stink. No excuse not to stop and shovel it into the woods other than they are uppity pricks.
If you can't ride your dirt bike through horse sh*t then stay out of the woods. It doesn't really even stick to your boots. As you said it does break down quickly and it's not as bad as dog poop.

The problem is there's usually multiples of them, but I suppose they say the same about dirt bikes.

I find it a bit precious when I'm out walking in the woods and they ask me to step aside and stand still lest I upset their skittish and apparently stupid animal.

In the Ganaraska I've always pulled over and shut off the bike waiting for them to pass. I've met nice people and I've met super duper snooty jacka##es. Either way I don't want my day wrecked by some stupid animal, whether it's +/- 1000lbs trotting while it poops or +/-200lbs riding it.

Meanwhile their beast takes a huge shat right in the middle of the multi-use trail and they pretend their *&^^ doesn't stink. No excuse not to stop and shovel it into the woods other than they are uppity pricks.

Watch some British YouTube videos if you want to see cocky attitude. Truck (Lorry) drivers delivering goods on the hedged single lane roads come across a horse rider that could make room but instead plod slowly along enjoying being a prick or prickette.

Sorry is it just my confusion but are we talking horses or bicycles?

Watch some British YouTube videos if you want to see cocky attitude. Truck (Lorry) drivers delivering goods on the hedged single lane roads come across a horse rider that could make room but instead plod slowly along enjoying being a prick or prickette.

Sorry is it just my confusion but are we talking horses or bicycles?
Haha, often a similar attitude from the riders.

If you can't ride your dirt bike through horse sh*t then stay out of the woods. It doesn't really even stick to your boots. As you said it does break down quickly and it's not as bad as dog poop.
I was more thinking about trails that have a lot of walkers than a dirtbike wiping out in it. More just general courtesy than active hazard.

bucked off a horse twice as kid
bit twice by dogs

Just not really an animal person.

Back
Top Bottom