Honda Shadow 750? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Shadow 750?

Pzyco, the Honda Shadow 750 is the perfect bike for you, super reliable, easy to ride and cruises beautifly on any hiway. more than enough power and super comfortable.
I am just north of you in Sutton so anytime you want to come up and look at it just pm me.
Here it is on Kijji ,its listed at $5000, but I will let it go for $4000.
It has everything you need.(except floorboards)
It is ad Ad ID 243515031 on Kijji.

To be honest, I look at Honda because it was the bike that got me addicted to riding. I have looked at other bikes and the Vulcan Classic and the M50 are two bikes that I've been looking at as well. I'm open, and I appreciate opinions because I'm still very green to the sport, but when it comes down to it I need to be comfortable. So here's the basic criteria that I'm looking for when I look at a bike -- remember a n00b so be gentle --

1) cruiser -- to be honest I'll get into trouble with a sport bike. I"m less likely to speed just because i'm not sitting on the handlebars squated basically.

2) comfort -- i'm going to be riding for a while. Everything is about an hour from my place so i'm definitely looking for reliability and comfort

3) tank size -- with hauls the sportsters with the small tanks are just out of the equation for me. I don't want to plan a ride around the gas stations.

4) power -- i will make mistakes that's a given but i need enough to haul my 210 frame around comfortably at speed. When i need to pass and i pin the throttle i don't want to be eating someones bumper. i figured less than 750 and id be in some trouble on the 404/401/407/400/DVP all the highways i frequent regularly -- i will 2up so the added weight needs to be factored in. torque is definitely needed

5) customization -- here i'm not looking for too much in way of making a chopper or a crazy ride. I'm not stupid, crazy but I want to add floor boards, audio (if possible -- headphones work but id rather speakers) rear pad for the passenger.....etc.
You've not answered all my questions, but if it doesn't have to be a cruiser, for what you've been describing V Strom 650 might be perfect bike for you. Excelent riding position, big gas tank, very good on gas and very good relibility. 2up is not a problem. Perfect as a commuter or touring as well as city do it all, go around bike. Definitly worthed to be considered.

I'd seriously check out a newer Triumph Bonnie. Standard position (fairly comfortable), lots of options (Bags/windshield/etc) good power to manage highway, good cruise range, can manage 2-up, sound is pretty nice. Re-sale isn't too bad. Classic looks. Not really a cruiser but, a good all rounder or standard. British steel can hang with any crowd and receive respect from other brands (If you really care as some folks do)

I remember Honda CBs from the 70s and the Magna's and Shadows of the 80s with a lot of admiration. I really can't tell a recent 750 ACE from a V-Star. But, that's just me. Also, as much as I believe I'll keep the bike that I have, I know that I can't stay that committed so, I tend to think about what will fit for me right now. Not how will the bike feel for me in the long run. Grab that Honda 750, enjoy it and see where the road takes you.

Good luck.

Cheers.

I've had my Shadow for 2 years and it has been a blast. I've riden 2-up on many occasions and haven't found it to be a problem. It's been a nice easy ride for cruising the roads north of Toronto.

The gas tank is about 14 litres (which some consider small) but I usually get about 18 Km/L and filling up the tank every 200km or so (before hitting the reserve). I ride with a lot of supersport riders and at the 200km mark (when we all stop for gas), they're suffering from some aches and pains which I do not ;)

But whatever you choose make sure that it's YOUR choice. All the bikes mentioned here are good in their own way but you gotta get what your heart wants.

Enjoy the ride!

p.s. I'm actually selling mine in search of something else. If you're interested i have an ad on kijiji: Ad ID 226984187. The price is negotiable.

When I started shopping for new, if the DL's hadn't been so appealing I would have bought a Honda 750 with shaft drive. (I hate chain maintenance!).

I have a buddy who is really tall and owns an older Honda 750. The 750 looks small when he's on it, but from a power perspective he's fine on it.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/moto_guzzi_nevada_classic_750_2010.php

Moto Guzzi Nevada Classic 750

I also prefer shaft drive. This is the only shaft drive I came across. The bike is FI but air cooled.

I also prefer shaft drive. This is the only shaft drive I came across.

If that was your only criteria you somehow missed every BMW model, the 1500cc Kawasaki & Suzuki lineups, Yamaha's V-Star and other cruiser models, plus the Ural Retro (without the sidecar attached) and, stretching the limits, the Triumph Rocket III models.

If that was your only criteria you somehow missed every BMW model, the 1500cc Kawasaki & Suzuki lineups, Yamaha's V-Star and other cruiser models, plus the Ural Retro (without the sidecar attached) and, stretching the limits, the Triumph Rocket III models.

Ruff nite last nite?:p Every BMW model? Is the Ural Retro available in Canada? Seriously?

Hmmm... I sense a disturbance in The Force. Some halfwit must be trying to break through the Ignore barrier.

Hmmm... I sense a disturbance in The Force. Some halfwit must be trying to break through the Ignore barrier.

:lmao: Glad you're taking it so well:D

anywhoo, lotsa BMW don't have shaft, I didn't make the original comment based on an anomaly. Happy New Year to you, btw.:)

"This message is hidden because inreb is on your ignore list."

I can't hearrrr youuuuu.....! :p

"This message is hidden because inreb is on your ignore list."

I can't hearrrr youuuuu.....! :p

:( one of the most prolific and well respected former posters on this board wielded the threat of ignore when he couldn't handle the heat. Of course that was only after he pronounced the beaten sap a troll. Some people have big heads I guess. I'll have to check if the Ural Retro is available in Canada. lol:3

Please be civil.

..Tom

You're right, I should not have made the halfwit remark. My apologies, I will try not to taunt those on my ignore list in the future. They are on there for a reason that is not relevant to the rest of the membership.

Getting back to the original topic, has the OP made any decisions as to what style and make of bike to purchase yet?

Yes and no to making a decision. Just going to go and sit on em and see if there are any ride days this coming spring. If not i'll be knocking on some doors. It'll most likely be the Vulcan Classic, Honda or Suzuki M50 they are good looking bikes with the range of CC i'm looking for so as not to get bored or scare the crap out of me

You should try and make it to the bike show this coming weekend then.
Theres lots of bikes to sit on and try out.

You should try and make it to the bike show this coming weekend then.
Theres lots of bikes to sit on and try out.

+1. Perfect venue for someone to try on all the bikes that interest them under one roof. And don't forget about the Yamaha V-Stars, they're worth a look, too.

Great bikes.....you can find a used one cheap...you can cuatomize it easily parts are everywhere....
Ive had mine for 3 years now no problems at all

Back
Top Bottom