Honda Ruckus | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Ruckus

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Bought a 2022 Ruckus for my girlfriend to get around trials easier with her camera.
Great deal on a new unit from Hanover Honda.($3799) CVT, electric start and step thru makes it perfect for her. Having never even been a passenger on two wheels, it's perfect for her.
First oil change is at 600km. Lol. 2500km after that. More lol. Valve clearance check at 24,000km. Big lol.
She has a blast riding it around an empty parking lot with me yelling braking commands.
I bought a Chase Harper underseat storage for her camera, etc.
On the street it tops out at 60kmh which is fine. Hitting any road imperfection is painful.
Around the neighborhood it's fine. Taking it into any traffic would be dumb imho.

I love the Honda Ruckus. I keep seeing really cool modified ones and it makes me want one every time.
Sounds like a good purchase though, glad she enjoys it. (y)

I was looking at one of these for a bomb around town kind of thing, instead of my HD - two different worlds, two different types of fun!

I was looking at one of these for a bomb around town kind of thing, instead of my HD - two different worlds, two different types of fun!
Aprilia sr50 is another cool option for that role. Looks better than it should but still slow as dirt to keep you out of trouble.
Aprilia-SR50-R-Factory-Front-Right-Featured.jpg

Yeah, I would want a CVT in something like this for sure as well. Easy, "cheap" and fun..

Want to spice up the ruckus for B? weeee. Won't be good for the grandkids to learn on though. Definitely far from GHPC's best effort but entertaining nonetheless.

1694791650444.jpeg

Picked up one of these for a song, 1984 Honda NQ50 Spree with 2600 kms on it.
Cheap to insure, slow as molasses and all the suspension sophistication of a brick.
60kmh on a downhill with a tailwind and my 'generous' carcass in the saddle.
Now, to install the Technigas exhaust, do some carb jetting and clutch work - I'm gonna get 70 out of it if it kills me. :)

View attachment 63213

Cheap to insure, slow as molasses and all the suspension sophistication of a brick.
60kmh on a downhill with a tailwind with my 'generous' carcass in the saddle.
Now, to install the Technigas exhaust, do some carb jetting and clutch work - I'm gonna get 70 out of it if it kills me. :)
That's awesome.

Not to hijack but this would be cool to have..... just because
1694792506415.png

View attachment 63213

60kmh on a downhill with a tailwind and my 'generous' carcass in the saddle.
Nice -- now we need a Noped Thread!

Last winter I picked up an 84 Yamahopper QT50 for almost nothing. It ran nicely, did 50kmh no problem, max 55. I added a big bore kit and some Yamaha Racing Team stickers -- it now hits 64KMH reliably. I tried a pipe change -- all I got was more noise, and no meaningful acceleration or top speed gains.

I thought about upgrading the cam but I couldn't locate it.

1694796369893.png
On a serious note, the little 50cc scooters can come close to their 8500RPM rev limiter in stock form (mine did 8100 RPM with a 200lb rider stock). Bore, pipes, clutches might increase acceleration, but once you hit the magic 8500RPM limit in the CDI, that's it. You will need to either change the CDI or gearing.

Insurance <$200/year. 40km in 1 l of gas and 20ml of oil.

Last edited:
Nice -- now we need a Noped Thread!

Last winter I picked up an 84 Yamahopper QT50 for almost nothing. It ran nicely, did 50kmh no problem, max 55. I added a big bore kit and some Yamaha Racing Team stickers -- it now hits 64KMH reliably.

View attachment 63225
I tried a pipe change -- all I got was more noise, and no meaningful acceleration or top speed gains.

I thought about upgrading the cam but I couldn't locate it.

Insurance <$200/year. 40km in 1 l of gas and 20ml of oil.
How big bore? 60 Or did you go all out and go to 80?

Back
Top Bottom