Honda Rebel 500 or latest Gen Sv650 or ??? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Rebel 500 or latest Gen Sv650 or ???

It depends on how often you ride on the highway and what matters to you most about riding motorcycles.

I went from a fully faired sv650 with a Puig bubble windscreen to the new SV and the difference is big. But would I go back to riding something that’s full of plastic and reminds me that I’m not into sport bikes? No...

I wanted something with usable low end power that had an urban street fighter look with a V-twin and didn’t cost me a fortune. Anything else wouldn’t have checked off the boxes. If I really wanted wind protection on my new SV I would buy an ugly as **** touring windscreen that’s 24” tall.

Many of you are speaking of the utilitarian do-all motorcycles. If that makes you happy then that’s all that matters but just because somebody else disagrees with you it doesn’t mean they’re wrong. That’s the beauty of this world, choice is freedom to express opinions without the obligation of coming to an agreement.

LOL. Can you tell me where anybody said you are doing it wrong? Jeez.

There are two things I miss about the 250s I’ve had in the past.

1) The ability to flick it around like a bicycle
2) how easy it was to push it around off the bike

Other than that, my SVs (new and old) have outdone them in every way. Sure the 250s can squeeze out 130-140km/h all day long but it’s not fun...

In the end I suppose it comes down to running costs and storage (insurance, bike purchase) if you’re not a new rider. Ideally I would like another (smaller) bike in my stable but storage is an issue.
Im with you, I advocate small bikes for beginners and for those who have space and money for multiple bikes.
It depends on how often you ride on the highway and what matters to you most about riding motorcycles.

I went from a fully faired sv650 with a Puig bubble windscreen to the new SV and the difference is big. But would I go back to riding something that’s full of plastic and reminds me that I’m not into sport bikes? No...

I wanted something with usable low end power that had an urban street fighter look with a V-twin and didn’t cost me a fortune. Anything else wouldn’t have checked off the boxes. If I really wanted wind protection on my new SV I would buy an ugly as **** touring windscreen that’s 24” tall.

Many of you are speaking of the utilitarian do-all motorcycles. If that makes you happy then that’s all that matters but just because somebody else disagrees with you it doesn’t mean they’re wrong. That’s the beauty of this world, choice is freedom to express opinions without the obligation of coming to an agreement.
You are absolutely correct -- ride what you like. There is no single bike that does it all.

But... when one asks for advice in a public forum, the expectation is to get feedback in the form of facts and experiences. When the fanboy stuff obscures the facts, the advice is harder to evaluate. I

Oh for FFS ...people spouting about machines they don't ride are the biggest source of nonsense. :rolleyes:

here ya go...900 PAGES of CB500x info by those that actually ride them ...
Honda CB500X

Oh for FFS ...people spouting about machines they don't ride are the biggest source of nonsense. :rolleyes:

here ya go...900 PAGES of CB500x info by those that actually ride them ...
Honda CB500X
That's exactly what I mean. There are fans and fan sites for virtually every bike made -- it took all of 10 seconds to find thousands of posts on Hyosung 250s, and a few thousand more on Chinese Zongshen RX3 -- it's easy to find 900 pages on most bikes.

Fan posts and fan sites are hard to sort through, that's all I'm saying. In a healthy forum, distorted facts or opinions are usually called out.

LOL. Can you tell me where anybody said you are doing it wrong? Jeez.

You’ll have to take a look. There just seems to be banter back and forth between some users and I was just pointing out that everybody has different opinions.

If your feelings got hurt in the process I apologize.

You’ll have to take a look. There just seems to be banter back and forth between some users and I was just pointing out that everybody has different opinions.

If your feelings got hurt in the process I apologize.
Hurt? I was laughing AT YOU. ;)

distorted facts or opinions are usually called out.

You mean like 80% comments with no basis in fact?? yup.
And comparing Hysong fans to Honda's out of the park winner in the CB500x world wide just is a laughable comparison verging on the pathetic.

If I was looking at an SV650, I'd go with an FZ07/MT07 over it. I have tried the scrambler as well and didn't love it, would rather buy an FZ/MT for the same money and get comparatively more bike (unless you value being able to tell people you have a Ducati more than power or whatever). If you are shopping the Scrambler, you'd be looking at the FZ09/MT09 or Street Triple as a better price comparison, both of which are great bikes.

You mean like 80% comments with no basis in fact?? yup.
And comparing Hysong fans to Honda's out of the park winner in the CB500x world wide just is a laughable comparison verging on the pathetic.
I don't think you get it. The point is that you can find fanboys for every bike made. Once you own a bike there is a good chance you will defend your purchase at all odds/costs -- not unusual, but highly biased and discounted as advice.

Sure Mike ..as opposed to those that pull commentary from their nether regions. Most would prefer the hands on to the methane vapour. :rolleyes:

Sure Mike ..as opposed to those that pull commentary from their nether regions. Most would prefer the hands on to the methane vapour. :rolleyes:
No need for that. You are a valuable contributor to gtam. Don't screw it up. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then move on to the next one.

Sure Mike ..as opposed to those that pull commentary from their nether regions...
No choice. Thats where my brain is.

I don't think you get it. The point is that you can find fanboys for every bike made. Once you own a bike there is a good chance you will defend your purchase at all odds/costs -- not unusual, but highly biased and discounted as advice.
I hate when people do that.
I love my Shadow (although I haven't been on at all this year).
But I know it's a dog. But it works for me.
Wouldn't make sense for me to tell it any other way than it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Maybe we could switch this around....Who has the ugliest Bike thread? I think i could win that.

hey slone, I like the look of your new bike. It looks like a bike, simple and not a plastic pile. old school sport. and near new! more pics please.

I busted one bar end mirror so I’m waiting for another one in the mail.

8c1159cfcf17e84743b3bf7a40eaedf9.jpg
86b2a84c8d3353f597d981656cddfdd9.jpg
ba2559832ebe0540e655d138e1de09e7.jpg
f68c54519d5efa68d2ff5cf42e4f5a0f.jpg
27ccba1c6ed8284132600b61b15e3173.jpg
7bd0bf252bf6d4d3423e0ab0ed26c2cb.jpg
2af37ef8a0737ce8d1adc13a54ee35f1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom