Honda Ransomware Attack | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Ransomware Attack

ReSTored

I'm trying to order a part and find out Honda systems are offline until further notice. Local dealer has no access to system re pricing and availability and no idea when system will be back on. This is a global issue for Honda, so if you need anything not normally stocked by a dealer then you're going to be SOL. Dealer stocks will be depleted pretty quickly as they can't replenish anything.

yup, tried to close a deal on a car lease renewal yesterday and no go, all manual until further notice. now i see why. urgh!

Ransom Attack - Give me a new Honda CBR 1000RR-R and I will give back your website!(y)

yup, tried to close a deal on a car lease renewal yesterday and no go, all manual until further notice. now i see why. urgh!
Wow. Epic fail by IT. You can never lock it down enough to avoid getting hit, but you should be able to get back up in less than 24 hours.

Wow. Epic fail by IT. You can never lock it down enough to avoid getting hit, but you should be able to get back up in less than 24 hours.
not necessarily, happened to one of our suppliers in Germany. They went to a month old back up to restore the system and it happened again, turns out the hackers had it in their system months before activating it so that they'd retain control. Ended up taking almost 2 weeks for them to get back up and running again. When you have a ton of information that has to be manually input into a fresh database it takes a while, I can only imagine with a company like Honda

not necessarily, happened to one of our suppliers in Germany. They went to a month old back up to restore the system and it happened again, turns out the hackers had it in their system months before activating it so that they'd retain control. Ended up taking almost 2 weeks for them to get back up and running again. When you have a ton of information that has to be manually input into a fresh database it takes a while, I can only imagine with a company like Honda
Yuk. Incubation period would be really bad (and basically force you to pay as that would be infinitely cheaper than recreating the work output of Honda for 30 days). My last day at my last job, an employee ran a spam email and encrypted the computer running time keeping and quickbooks. I told someone to pull the cable and I would deal with it later. They didn't so it started encrypting the network drives she had access too. Ugh. It was a late night, but they were running in the morning and I was gone.

I'm trying to order a part and find out Honda systems are offline until further notice. Local dealer has no access to system re pricing and availability and no idea when system will be back on. This is a global issue for Honda, so if you need anything not normally stocked by a dealer then you're going to be SOL. Dealer stocks will be depleted pretty quickly as they can't replenish anything.

It was back up and running at 3.30pm yesterday afternoon. Had been down all of Monday.

Bike or Car part? I can help you with the 4 wheel kind.

It was back up and running at 3.30pm yesterday afternoon. Had been down all of Monday. Bike or Car part? I can help you with the 4 wheel kind.

For my ST1100, I have a bracket supporting my rack / topcase that cracked on one side, well known ST issue. I did call dealer back at 2:30 today and placed my order, so I'm good, but thanks for the offer, appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom