Honda created a motorcycle that self balances and follows you like a dog | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda created a motorcycle that self balances and follows you like a dog

Why?

I think it's really cool that they accomplished this with a real motorcycle. It's not an MP3, Spyder, it doesn't have outriggers or some kind of enormous counterweight that would alter the shape of the machine.

Why? I dunno. I saw people on Reddit suggest it might help out people who have mobility issues but could still otherwise operate a bike. Maybe you could have the bike park/unpark itself? I've worked in a place where there was on site parking, but it was a jog to get from there back to the surface. Maybe you're building the motorcycle equivalent of KITT that has to bust through a wall unassisted once in a while.

Honda's CES demo also suggested that it would make stop and go traffic less frustrating, which I could see.

I have heard the reason some people buy those three wheel bikes is because of hip issues and not being able to hold up a motorcycle. This would be another option for some.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

cool until there is some minor screw up then the bike falls over or worse, takes off and runs you over or someone else
they have problems with cars and 4 wheels, hell they still have basic problems of NOT putting metal in the airbag
what happens you leave it there and the battery dies?

It's cool tech, maybe applied to grocery store carts :)

cool until there is some minor screw up then the bike falls over or worse, takes off and runs you over or someone else
they have problems with cars and 4 wheels, hell they still have basic problems of NOT putting metal in the airbag
what happens you leave it there and the battery dies?

It's cool tech, maybe applied to grocery store carts :)

Interesting line of thought.. On a system such as a fly by wire brake or throttle, any glitch results in a limp mode or complete shutdown to prevent the "or worse". Supposing a similar approach were applied here, what happens? Does it just shut down and fall over; deploy kickstands; give you an audible warning that its about to stop.... meh, truth is, the balancing act is why I ride and I'm just nitpicking here. My opinion is decidedly negative, even if the tech is cool.

Kind of creepy really. At what point does "The Power of Dreams" become The Power of Nightmares? Why do the Japanese always seem to invent weird stuff? What happens if the silly thing malfunctions and runs you over? Warranty?

Culture of workaholics.. No time for leisure, love, or laziness... lack of sex and sleep may be making them crazy. Of course, this is no expert opinion, but the BBC doc "No Sex Please We're Japanese" left me ready to buy a plane ticket and show these guys how to entertain... Dude's had E-girlfriends and absolutely no desire for the real deal... on second thought, maybe they're onto something, but I digress. They're just a different sort.

Culture of workaholics.. No time for leisure, love, or laziness... lack of sex and sleep may be making them crazy. Of course, this is no expert opinion, but the BBC doc "No Sex Please We're Japanese" left me ready to buy a plane ticket and show these guys how to entertain... Dude's had E-girlfriends and absolutely no desire for the real deal... on second thought, maybe they're onto something, but I digress. They're just a different sort.

Let's not kid ourselves that Japanese will be the first to invent robot girlfriends and they will spread as fast as fake news about Trump.

Let's not kid ourselves that Japanese will be the first to invent robot girlfriends and they will spread as fast as fake news about Trump.

One arm at a time

[video=youtube;WdrP3htLGIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdrP3htLGIw[/video]

Back
Top Bottom