Honda CBR250R or Kawasaki Ninja 250 new rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR250R or Kawasaki Ninja 250 new rider

hisse

How do these two tend to stack up on insurance rates for new riders? I'm 20 G2M1 with no claims or other problems on file. The only company i'm able to get quotes from online it seems is TD and their rates are seeming rather ridiculous(3300$ for CBR250 with 1000$ Comp and Collision).

For someone my age what would be a typical rate to be looking at and where would be best to contact in this situation? I know when I turn 21 and have a year behind me my rate will probably drop significantly but I didn't expect the first year to be THAT bad on a lower powered bike, any advice? Also how significant is the readjustment to your rate once you have a training program/m2 completed?

That's not bad. In my opinion, I think that's reasonable considering you only have your M1. Other people say their insurance on a 250 was in the $4000-$5000 range.

Check with Jevco and see what they give you. Viffer will chime in soon and he'll tell you if that's a reasonable rate or not.

Good luck on your search for insurance.

Skip the online quotes and actually call a broker. Jevco is probably your best bet, and there should be lots of brokers listed in the sticky who can provide you with a quote. Depending on the value of the bike, your financial situation, and your risk tolerance, you might want to consider forgoing Collision coverage as well.

Join the ranks of the few and get a hyosung gt250r! had mine two years and still loving it!.. Oh, and call jevco lol. Just found out from my agent that there is no real price drop for m2.. big one for full m and 3 years licensed (don't have to be insured).

Last edited:
Just as an FYI, the insurance on the Hyosung and the Kawisaki won't be significantly different (if they are different at all).

Back
Top Bottom