Honda CBR 929 or 954, your thoughts. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR 929 or 954, your thoughts.

first off change out the crap Rectifier with a newer Mosfet type will run cooler and more stable voltage , Not sure why honda decided to put a shunt type rectifer behind the tail plastic with little to no air flow for cooling?? Go over all the ground points on the harness clean and grease and PLEASE stay away from RM stators for this model as it was a know problem that these will not hold up on the 929RR, and they dont like to warranty them nor respond to voice mail or email, My 2000 929rr has been running strong for 2 seasons now with the following done and no problems at all, now 3 years ago I went through 3 rm stators in a season and stock rectifier.......now the stator in it is from a 1983 honda ascott 500 and rectifier is from a 2005 ZX10, and nearing 90,000km and still bounce it off the revlimiter regulary.

cimg0403tw.jpg

cimg0001k.jpg

Last edited:
I've had my 929 since the '05 season. Dead reliable. Can't really say a bad thing about the bike, it does everything well. Other bikes have come and gone, but the 929 is a keeper, I've got tons of spares for it.

gp rz gave me this advice a year ago,i ordered a used stator, from a 1984 ascot 500, cut the clip off the old stator for the 929, spliced it on the ascot stator,plugged it in,works well.

Back
Top Bottom