Holy **** moment on hwy 401 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy **** moment on hwy 401

ernyov

So I'm riding westbound on the 401 express, take the exit for Dixie/hwy 410.
Going to move one lane over, shoulder check, signal and start changing lanes while looking in my mirror. Doing around 98km/h at this point.

I almost lost the bike to a big ass fawking groove in the pavement, right between the two lanes, but somehow didn't.

Don't know how I missed it before signaling but holy sh*t did that ever feel close.

Anyways I know exactly what I did wrong, just thought I'd post it for others to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Holy sh*t moment on hwy 401

That's common enough on asphalt-paved multilane highways. The paving machines usually pave just one lane at a time, and the joining point between the lane pavings tend to take a hit after a few winters. You just have to treat them like you would streetcar tracks or railways crossings, and cross them at a bit more of an aggressive angle so the wheels cross and even bounce over the gap rather than get sucked into it.

Yea, I can imagine how much ur hands were trembling when u stopped. Glad to hear you held it together dood.

Yea, I can imagine how much ur hands were trembling when u stopped. Glad to hear you held it together dood.

Thanks bud, and yah took me like 10 minutes to type that lol

Nothing a burrito can't fix tho. But I'll drive there just in case.

Thanks bud, and yah took me like 10 minutes to type that lol

Nothing a burrito can't fix tho. But I'll drive there just in case.

Go now. Lines short. Just had a small yummy chicken at B.B.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

great job negotiating a possible bad situation. Thanks for sharing this information. keep riding safe!

Back
Top Bottom