Hjc rps-10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hjc rps-10

dricked

Site Supporter
Well I've now spent a few hours and a track day in my new lid and I must say, coming from an Arai Quantum 2 I was very sceptical of going to an HJC. I wanted a helmet for the track that wasn't going to cost over $400 but fit and perform like my Arai. This helmet has better air flow than my Arai and is just as quiet if not quieter (I wear ear plugs). It has a bit of a different feel that I wasn't too sure if I was going to like too much but now I love it. It doesn't press on your ears like the Arai, it cups them. The helmet is defiantly track oriented because unless your looking down the air doesn't quite go into the vents on top but is still fine for the street. I bought a dark smoke visor with the helmet as well for $40 and the change took me 30 seconds to figure out. The pinlock system seems to work well but I've never really had a problem with fogging visors in the past. The helmet weighs 3oz more than my Arai with the extra pinlock shield in place.

Excellent helmet for the price and would recommend it to anyone on a reasonable budget

Who even has this thing? Every time I go to a shop (they all sell HJC) no one seems to carry this thing to try on... I was also interested

Yeah,, I found some at Sturgess Cycle in Hamilton which I tried on.. you're right, they do cup the ears, but there's a bit of a gap i could feel between ear and skull which I have a feeling would let noise /wind in with my shaped head. The small and medium fit my head similarly, which was weird. Probably woulda bought one if I didnt ride the bike there with my current helmet, but my gut feeling told me to check out sharp helmet rating for it.. and it turns out it has HORRIBLE side impact g transfer to the head (something like over 500 g) according to the info posted on sharp's website (R-PHA-10 model is the RPS-10 in europe).

Kinda steered me away from this helmet right then and there. Darn shame, because it does excellent in every other impact zone

I ride with earplugs so I don't really get too much noise, and I don't notice any wind inside the helmet the bottom pads do a great job keeping the wind out. I had no idea about the impact rating, however it does just as good and a little better in front impact compaired to an Arai RX7 corsair and the same on the sides.

Very happy with my new RPS-10, also from GP Bikes in Whitby. Fogging might be a problem for some, I recommend installing the included Pin Lock anti-fog visor insert.

rps10front.jpg

rps10back.jpg

Back
Top Bottom