Hitch Carrier or a Small Trailer | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hitch Carrier or a Small Trailer

Re the last pic, I'd put the rear straps up higher if at all possible, and yes, as mentioned, angled towards the back to. The straight out positioning is OK but up higher if at all possible will yield better stability as it'll be providing some downward force as well, not just side to side.

Also, for all Tongue Weight specs in owners manuals, take note that there's usually an asterisk that states beyond what weight a Weight Distributing hitch is required to achieve that weight. You may be able to only put a 300# dead tongue load on the back of some vehicles for example, but with a WD hitch pull a trailer with a 800# tongue weight load.

I've had a Mototote for years (10years). I've used it almost every year since I got it. I have taken my bikes (600, 750, 1100) many thousands of KM's (all over the U.S) with that thing on that back of my truck (I also used a Canyon Dancer as well). Never an issue. Never a problem. It doesn't wiggle, sway, or anything. I've even rescued several of my friends with their bikes stranded on the side of the HWY a few times. I got mine second hand from the original owner for about $400 CAD if I recall correctly. I've even used it to pick up bike purchases from the U.S. It slides in the back of the bed with not in use and connects up pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom