Hindle Exhaust

Bobo

Well-known member
A buddy of mine picked up an absolutely beautiful, stock, low mileage ZRX1200 a few months back and was having a problem finding an aftermarket exhaust since the bike was over 20 years old. He took it to Lang Hindle who agreed to make one and Lang personally made a pipe for him. This is the bike with the new pipe and the legend himself sitting on it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I wonder how that works... Hindle was probably making headers for those bikes when they were current. Would they have kept any data they could work from?
 
I wonder how that works... Hindle was probably making headers for those bikes when they were current. Would they have kept any data they could work from?
Not sure, I’ll ask. He for sure would have made a slip-on but it sounded like he made this full system from scratch. It’s a step style header, collector pipes increase in size as they get away from the head port. I don’t think they would have been making those 20 years ago.
 
Last edited:
The Hindle shop is an amazing place. I took my RC51 track bike up to them, and they fabricated and installed my half-system, tuned the PCV on their dyno and I had a bonus fun chat with Lang about his time working with the CSBK RC51s from the early 00s. Finding systems that fit older bikes can be hard from overseas makers, Hindle systems seem to be largely modular, and they save the bend angles and dimensions for any bike they do, as far as I know..
 
Back
Top Bottom