Highway 10 Kingston-Westport gravel sections and few warnings | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highway 10 Kingston-Westport gravel sections and few warnings

jc100

This was a few days ago now (Monday). Roughly 10 mins out of Kingston on the 10 there's a gravel patch of large size chunks that is not advertised in any way. No way to go around it, no shoulder, just need to ease over it, this is on an 80 road that's a lot of fun usually. You can see the patch ahead as the road before it is black asphalt and the road abruptly changes to a light grey colour where the gravel is. No clue why this is there, I thought that section had been recently resurfaced. Going in the opposite direction you come across this hazard from a blind corner with no warning signs again from an 80 Kmh road, it is VERY dangerous if you don't manage to slow down before you get there.

Also, at the very end of the 10 just before the sharp 90 degree right that gives you the last stretch of road to the Wesport turn off T junction, there is fine gravel and sand all over the road. The gravel and sand starts just before the 90 degree right and it's hard to see from a distance, no warning signs that I saw and the the gravel and sand continues all the way to the turn off to Westport (quite a stretch). It's more dangerous going from Kingston to Westport than the other way round as going north to south you turn onto the gravel from a slow start usually. The signs for this are posted on the road AFTER you've been travelling on it for a while and they are not the normal road construction warning signs. They look odd actually, like something from a private contractor. This road surface was also recently resurfaced so I have no clue why it's there.

You should be fine... you dont ride fast anyways right?

Back
Top Bottom