High mileage on a surprising bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

High mileage on a surprising bike

I visit the linked blog regularly and his recent post blew me away.

Owning and riding a bike for 40 years is remarkable on its own, but to have racked up 321,868.8 kilometers (200,000 miles) on a Katana is incredible.

something at that photo of the odo looks fishy to me.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 35
Oh I see, he is just adding the number needed on his own, very amazing that bike has run that far.

Looks like the odometer only runs to 99,000 and then rolls over to zero. Back in the day where nobody figured a bike would ever run past 100,000km LOL.

So I guess sticking on your own numbers as it rolls over works, but difficult to verify. I could say my old Honda Trail 70 (for which the odometer only went to 9999 km before rolling over) had 200,000km on it by sticking a "20" in front of it, but I'd be hard pressed to verify it.

The bike sure does look old and grizzled though, so yeah, probably legit.

Hard to verify with that odometer, but it's absolutely possible to do with any bike as long as you're willing to do the necessary maintenance. Most people aren't interested in keeping a bike that long.

Yep.

My old VTX rolled 100,000km not long before I sold it and I know it would easily have made 200,000 or more had I kept it and continued riding it. I’d have hopped on that bike and rode it across the country again without a second thought. The thing was a Timex.

If only I had the garage space I’d never sell any of my old toys.

Wow, he must be in good shape.

I owned an '82 Katana when I was younger and in better shape yet could only managed 100 miles without stopping to take a break from being bent over....:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom