Hi There . . . new but not. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi There . . . new but not.

Sprintrider66

Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,

I've had a bunch of bikes over the years and been riding since the 80's (when the bikes were more dangerous than the riders !), so I've got about 40 years of riding in. Currently got a Triumph Sprint ST (955i) and a Suzuki DL1000 in the garage. Love them both. Though I'm a bit far west of the GTA, actually in Waterdown which is north of Burlington, I thought I'd join up anyway and see what's what. Seems like a nice crowd and this is one of few places where we can actually discuss relevant stuff like insurance, HTA, etc. Maybe even get some rides in.

Cheers,

Peter.

Welcome.
Waterdown is still GTA.

Don't be alarmed if you see more non motorcycle related threads. (just search Covid on here) ;)

Yes, we are a nice bunch of guys and girls on here, for the most part.

Oh and don't ask questions about what bike you should buy next... j/k

Welcome!

That triumph is an interesting bike, I've only ever seen one on the road and had to look it up to know what it was.

what kind of oil do you use?
Trickle charger for the winter or do you start ur bike every other day for 1-2 minutes

Hey thanks for the responses and the welcomes. My ST is a 2002, ya I really like it. Lovely machine. Like every bike on the planet they have their few little issues but I think it's my favourite of the dozen or so I've owned.
Motul 5100 (semi-synthetic) 10W40 and Optimate 3+. Just replaced the battery this winter after 8 years so they do work. I do have to go start it once in a while just to get myself through the winter but the bike does much better on a maintainer.

He won't get access to most of the juicy non relevant stuff if he's not a site supporter.

Welcome.

lol . . .

adjective
  1. (of a person or their tendencies) not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed
so are you suggesting I do or do not become a site supporter :) ? . . . weighing on balance, juicy vs. non relevant.
I will have a look. relatively new to forums in general and not sure how they work. Obviously there are costs that need to be looked after.

lol . . .

adjective
  1. (of a person or their tendencies) not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed
so are you suggesting I do or do not become a site supporter :) ? . . . weighing on balance, juicy vs. non relevant.
I will have a look. relatively new to forums in general and not sure how they work. Obviously there are costs that need to be looked after.
If you enjoy the site and what it provides then I would encourage you to support, it can be a small one time contribution if that's all you want.

It gives access to a popular 'off topic' sub forum, that's all I was really saying.

Reactions: J_F
OP

you get access to another section where there is no discussion of Rim Locks

worth every penny

Yes I understood was just yanking your chain a bit. I see where to do it on the home page, minimum $10. Super cheap. Thanks I would not have thought too much about it without somebody letting me know.

Back
Top Bottom