Hi Newbee any good app for motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi Newbee any good app for motorcycle

garyintoronto

My friends told me a good app yesterday and I share to yall! Riders are sharing their own discovered route with beautiful scenes and all routes are classified with tags. Easily use!

Others app you are using when riding? Please share with us.

5F0E5935-5E43-4C33-93EA-9CA356D54458.jpeg

MyRide by Yamaha is a decent app. If you turn it on before your ride it tracks your route along with distance time and stuff like lean angle. There are navigation apps that look for twisty road but unfortunately roads in and around the GTA are mostly laid out in grids. Unless you head up North or down into NY and PA they are pretty useless.

The Pirelli app monitors your lean angle as you ride. A couple of the guys in one of my groups like to compare at stops. Don't know how accurate, but certainly entertaining.

MyRide by Yamaha is a decent app. If you turn it on before your ride it tracks your route along with distance time and stuff like lean angle. There are navigation apps that look for twisty road but unfortunately roads in and around the GTA are mostly laid out in grids. Unless you head up North or down into NY and PA they are pretty useless.

I would agree with 650Tech. MyRide is a free app for both Android and Apple. It tracks everything including your lean angle.... never knew how much my Goldwing would lean until I ran the app. It's not about how fast the bike goes anymore...it's all about the lean. Just have to remember to turn it on before starting. If you retire your ride it keeps your history of your rides. I love to look back on my 14 years of business and remember every trip across Ontario...

On a different note I am a huge fan of reading road trips and seeing pictures taken. The online world is great for that. A personal fav of mine is advrider.com with many tech, equipment, gear reports. The forum is updated live with some great stuff to read. As with any resource some things need to be verified but the photos are pretty incredible. Today I can travel to France, South Africa or Australia all from the comfort of my living room.

Stay safe out there everyone.

Last edited:
No app, but check out all of the work @shanekingsley has put in at the link below. I have no desire for an app as I do the macro trip planning at home (eg. general vicinity and any specific highlight spots to hit) and then wander around the area.

WOW... Those are some great roads. Been on many that are on the map but I see a few that I need to visit this season while commuting to my customers. Thanks GreyGhost for this.

Stay safe everyone!

Back
Top Bottom