Hi all | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi all

honda chris

New to the board...I have a VTX 1300 C. I know that there's still some riding weather left but i'd like to know when it's time to store it away for the winter,do you recommend lifting the bike on stands or just having the bike strapped and standing up straight??

Neither? It's perfectly fine to let it sit on the kickstand for the winter months. Strapping it down so that it's upright will probably do more harm than good, could do a number on the suspension. Stands wouldn't hurt it, just be careful that you're using something that's rated for a heavier bike like yours.

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome to the forum. As for storing your bike, it really comes down to your ability to withstand the cold weather. I usually put mine away mid November (up on stands) and break it out around the beginning of April. Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

I ride till I'm numb. (mid November).

Winterizing:

Fill up the tank, change the oil, wash "the beast", put battery on tender in the basement then park the bike on a sheet of plywood in the garage with it's cover on.

When I can't take it any more I play a video of the bike running over and over until the winter motorcycle shows to get my fix.

Back
Top Bottom