Help Importing a motorcycle to Ontario from Greece | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help Importing a motorcycle to Ontario from Greece

I am looking at importing my friends 1994 CBR 400rr Fireblade from Greece into Canada. Does anyone have any experience doing so and is it worth my time and money?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Start here

Thanks, seems like it’ll be quite a hassle to bring it over eh?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

... and once you get it here you're going to find there is no easy parts source for a foreign market Honda. You'll be buying parts in Japan or Australia

If it was easy, everyone would be riding gray market bikes.

At least it's old so it's possible. Price per km ridden will be damned high due to upfront costs and parts import. Cool bike though. Only you can decide whether it is worth it.

Saw one at a shop in Etobicoke. Had a load of 250-400 sport and naked bikes. I think he wanted $5 or $6 K imported and road legal. Wanted 3.5 to $4 K for the naked CB400f models. Even had one RVF400 Honda but big money.

Saw one at a shop in Etobicoke. Had a load of 250-400 sport and naked bikes. I think he wanted $5 or $6 K imported and road legal. Wanted 3.5 to $4 K for the naked CB400f models. Even had one RVF400 Honda but big money.
Nuak?

If you can import it, good luck licencing it. Track use only.

That’s not true. It’s over 15 years old so it is exempt from having to be on the RIV admissible list to be legal here. Import it, safety it and ride. Insurance may be tricky but it’s doable.

@AngeloDeligi start with the register of imported vehicles. www.riv.ca they won’t do it for you but that is the government agency in charge of individuals importing vehicles. They will tell you what you need.

... and once you get it here you're going to find there is no easy parts source for a foreign market Honda. You'll be buying parts in Japan or Australia

If it was easy, everyone would be riding gray market bikes.

I definitely won’t be riding the bike very much. This bike is much too special to risk breaking something, it’ll be my garage Queen most likely.

That’s not true. It’s over 15 years old so it is exempt from having to be on the RIV admissible list to be legal here. Import it, safety it and ride. Insurance may be tricky but it’s doable.

@AngeloDeligi start with the register of imported vehicles. www.riv.ca they won’t do it for you but that is the government agency in charge of individuals importing vehicles. They will tell you what you need.

Once I can I’ll give the RIV a call and see what I need, thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom