HELP! Bike wouldn't start: had lights and horn, but no crank | GTAMotorcycle.com

HELP! Bike wouldn't start: had lights and horn, but no crank

N234

Stopped for gas on Thursday. Bike wouldn't start back up.
It was on center stand in neutral with key at "ON" and killswitch on, yet no ignition, no audible click, no crank. Lights and turn indicators worked, horn worked.
Checked the fuses, looked OK. Swapped horn and ignition fuses. No ignition, no clicks, no crank.

Fiddled with the key, going slightly past "ON" and then back. After half an hour, it worked. I don't think it's the key switch, since all the other devices had power. could it be the ignition button itself?
I started the bike up yesterday, and shut it off. Then I took the ignition switch apart yesterday and put it back together, everything looks fine in there. Could it be the clutch and neutral sensor?

I'm worried I might get stranded for a longer time. It works now but this fleeting issue gives me concern.

Remove the battery ground, clean it up and put it back on ;) might even be the problem.
otherwise get the multi-meter out.

Had similar with intermittent starts, was the mechanical switch on the clutch lever (just hidden under the lever) on my ZX600.
Bypassed with a jumper and never had an issue since.

Not sure if you have a similar mechanical switch.

Like @FLSTC said: "wiring connection in kill switch start switch" - circuit somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom