Helmets on a plane?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmets on a plane??

Do you protect the lid inside the bag? I figure luggage gets tossed around some and is not always treated kindly.
Inside its helmet bag and surrounded by everything else I am bringing has been good enough. Although, last trip, I brought a sacrificial one to use for a couple days then bought a new one in Barcelona and tossed the old one. Cheaper there than here.

Watch your carry-on allowances. With the mess that checking baggage has become, EVERYONE is doing the carry-on thing, and airlines have become increasingly strict about following the “rules”. Check your airline’s website for details on allowable sizes for carry-on and personal items.

Pft.

If chicks can bring oversized bags and pass it off as their purse for carry on item, i'll die on the hill of bringing my lid.

Pft.

If chicks can bring oversized bags and pass it off as their purse for carry on item, i'll die on the hill of bringing my lid.
Sorry that's not a game I'm willing to play with 2 large worth of motorcycle rental on the line.

Sorry that's not a game I'm willing to play with 2 large worth of motorcycle rental on the line.
die on whatever hill you choose to. my rental was/is $150

die on whatever hill you choose to. my rental was/is $150
What kind of bike for how long?
I'm looking at a bloated Harley for a week.

ninja 250R/honda 300R - 5 days
Ouch!! I wanna trade. Actually that would be a tad small for 2up and weeks kit. Still a SMOKING hot deal.....

Ouch!! I wanna trade. Actually that would be a tad small for 2up and weeks kit. Still a SMOKING hot deal.....

Thailand is a smoking deal. I can get my 2 week trip in for the cost of your bike rental!

Thailand is a smoking deal. I can get my 2 week trip in for the cost of your bike rental!
Come on Dude. Now you're just pouring salt in a wound.
How scary is riding there? Would you do it with the honey on the back?

Come on Dude. Now you're just pouring salt in a wound.
How scary is riding there? Would you do it with the honey on the back?

I would avoid riding in the large urban areas. I like the mountain region in the north.

Roads are near perfect, everyone is aware of where you are on the road. Things to watch out for would be trucks going wide on blind corners and tourists being drunk morons.

I would feel confident that anyone would have an overall safe experience there. 2up should be fine, plenty of tourists rent small scooters and do the popular routes.

There are bigger bikes available, but cruisers would probably be pushing it.

230446c29b37906b322fd35e43e21e1e.jpeg

4059200cbb05855719e3f79bc826ff4a.jpg

7df4826bb9ab9c5d6463e294046440af.jpg

042815fda02519addefe556306aa667e.jpg

Last edited:
carried my helmet in an eco-bag on air canada just fine. not so sure about the cheaper fights like flair or swoop though.

Not allowed as carry in.
Must be checked in.

Can be used as a weapon to knock TF out of people on board

I remember asking United (YYZ to EWR) regarding this.
Thats what they said.

so FYI, i just contacted flair airlines and they told me this about helmets:

Yes. Helmets can be carried on as hand luggage. You can even carry it as a part of your checked\-in luggage, although that's not advisable given the handling of checked-in bags by airline staff. Just ensure you are within passenger baggage weight limits.

i'm flying to vegas in a few days and gonna ride around for a bit. so this better be accurate lol

so FYI, i just contacted flair airlines and they told me this about helmets:

Yes. Helmets can be carried on as hand luggage. You can even carry it as a part of your checked\-in luggage, although that's not advisable given the handling of checked-in bags by airline staff. Just ensure you are within passenger baggage weight limits.

i'm flying to vegas in a few days and gonna ride around for a bit. so this better be accurate lol

I’m sure you’ll be fine. Again..if I got drama at the gate I’d point to a random women’s oversized LV ‘purse’ and say well????

I would either pack the helmet in carry-on wrapped in my coat and stuffed with clothes/gloves so it doesnt use too much room or in my personal item under the seat. For many reasons I would prefer to have it above. It would make the bag a little thick though so it depends on airline employees whether you can get through with it. I guess worst case you wear it on and then put it in the bag. Afaik nothing prevents you from wearing a hat while boarding the plane.

I would either pack the helmet in carry-on wrapped in my coat and stuffed with clothes/gloves so it doesnt use too much room or in my personal item under the seat. For many reasons I would prefer to have it above. It would make the bag a little thick though so it depends on airline employees whether you can get through with it. I guess worst case you wear it on and then put it in the bag. Afaik nothing prevents you from wearing a hat while boarding the plane.

yah i put it in my duffel bag and it technically becomes too 'big' for flair airlines carryon luggage guidelines. so thats why i contacted them to see if i can just use it as my 'personal item' (even though dimension-wise its technically also bigger than their personal item guidelines).

for air canada i've never had issue with it as a carryon/personal item. but i know flair/swoop budget lines all have much smaller guidelines and i figure they may be a bit more strict now with all the checked luggage debacle going on.

oh well i screenshotted what their service representative told me so hopefully that helps. i am not opposed to wearing it to get on the plane either lol.

yah i put it in my duffel bag and it technically becomes too 'big' for flair airlines carryon luggage guidelines. so thats why i contacted them to see if i can just use it as my 'personal item' (even though dimension-wise its technically also bigger than their personal item guidelines).

for air canada i've never had issue with it as a carryon/personal item. but i know flair/swoop budget lines all have much smaller guidelines and i figure they may be a bit more strict now with all the checked luggage debacle going on.

oh well i screenshotted what their service representative told me so hopefully that helps. i am not opposed to wearing it to get on the plane either lol.
Years ago, virgin airlines in oz operated on a similar model to flair now. Low base fare but everything was an extra. One of virgins tricks was a carryon weight limit of something like 7 pounds. They were weighing everyone at the gate. One lady was in tears as her empty carryon sized suitcase exceeded the weight limit. They told her she could check it for something like $100 (in the ballpark of her ticket price) or she had to throw it in the garbage, she wasn't carrying it on. Poor lady lost her mind and went ballistic. Thankfully we were not flying virgin (and after that experience, I have no interest in ever flying virgin).

Back
Top Bottom