Hello | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello

KTM350

I am planning to move back to Canada after 20+ years living abroad.

When I visit T.O. next month, I will first exchange driver's license to Ontario's (btw, I first got my license in Toronto...errr... some 30+ years back;-), then get M1 license. Since M1 exit test can be taken 60 days later, I plan to stay until April.

Does MTO provide motorcycle for M1 exit test? I have been riding bikes big and small, racing replica, enuro bikes, dual purpose... i don't think I need the training course.

What are your toughts about buying and riding one for the months of Feb, Mar, Apr? What may be the hinderances?
- paying 1 year insurance for just 3 months
- cold weather
-

MTO provides nothing.
Some places that offer training have loaner bikes and even send you off with an M1 in hand on completion of the course, those are the ones you should be looking for. Insurance companies like to price your insurance by the month but nobody really offers it that way, the rate is based on a full years coverage and be ready for a shock. Taking the training course will reduce your premiums very very slightly & you might even learn something.
March and April is sometimes good for riding if we have an early spring, you can get out there before the black fly and mosquitos season, February you will likely popsicle :|

Where are you moving back from? I never exchanged my British licence when I moved here, it’s still valid until 2030. I just went the regular route and took my Ontario lic for car and bike.

I guess if you have no plans on going back, the exchange route might seems viable.

MTO provides nothing.
Some places that offer training have loaner bikes and even send you off with an M1 in hand on completion of the course, those are the ones you should be looking for. Insurance companies like to price your insurance by the month but nobody really offers it that way, the rate is based on a full years coverage and be ready for a shock. Taking the training course will reduce your premiums very very slightly & you might even learn something.
March and April is sometimes good for riding if we have an early spring, you can get out there before the black fly and mosquitos season, February you will likely popsicle :|
Thanks for the reply. I will bring my helmet, gloves, and boots next month in any case.

Where are you moving back from? I never exchanged my British licence when I moved here, it’s still valid until 2030. I just went the regular route and took my Ontario lic for car and bike.

I guess if you have no plans on going back, the exchange route might seems viable.
From Korea. I think it's valid for a short period. Too bad my motorcycle licence cannot be exchanged.

From Korea. I think it's valid for a short period. Too bad my motorcycle licence cannot be exchanged.
From what i hear, you might even enjoy the motorcycle training course if you can already ride well.

Back
Top Bottom