Hello, I am DukeTogo1 or you can call me 'Rich' | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello, I am DukeTogo1 or you can call me 'Rich'

DukeTogo1

I am a newbie, I just got my Suzuki GW250F, I am in Kitchener-Waterloo Region.
Does anyone know of any clubs or any mentors in KW that I may ride with to increase my skill?

I just got on the highway and learning to do on ramp, speed up and merge, maintain speed.
My counter steering isn't the greatest either. Or does anyone know specific locations/roads that I could practice?

Thank you! ^______________^

welcome.

You can practice a lot of these in a parking lot with some cones or objects to create turns and curves.

As for your area.. @Wingboy

I am a newbie, I just got my Suzuki GW250F, I am in Kitchener-Waterloo Region.
Does anyone know of any clubs or any mentors in KW that I may ride with to increase my skill?

I just got on the highway and learning to do on ramp, speed up and merge, maintain speed.
My counter steering isn't the greatest either. Or does anyone know specific locations/roads that I could practice?

Thank you! ^______________^
Great bike choice. Lots of places to wander and gain comfort near you. Just watch out for the mennonites. Crashes with buggies happen more often than I would expect.

Community Centres, GO Stations, CarPool Parking, Universities Parking Lots are almost empty, especially on the weekend. To get the most of practice.
Do some deliberate practice. 15 U turns to the left and 15 U-turns to right. Going in a circle around a light pole in a parking lot ( 3 perfectcircles to left x4, 3 circles to the right), Just making it up but you get the idea. Think it as going to the gym to workout. You can just hand around or starting lifting
Get your reps in!

Community Centres, GO Stations, CarPool Parking, Universities Parking Lots are almost empty, especially on the weekend. To get the most of practice.
Do some deliberate practice. 15 U turns to the left and 15 U-turns to right. Going in a circle around a light pole in a parking lot ( 3 perfectcircles to left x4, 3 circles to the right), Just making it up but you get the idea. Think it as going to the gym to workout. You can just hand around or starting lifting
Get your reps in!
Good post. A handful of cones helps as well. You can use the parking lot lines, but cones reduce the mental load of spotting your initiation point and allow you to concentrate on the skill/task. They also let you set up slalom, moose test etc. Doing those with painted lines is probably an exercise in futility.

Good post. A handful of cones helps as well. You can use the parking lot lines, but cones reduce the mental load of spotting your initiation point and allow you to concentrate on the skill/task. They also let you set up slalom, moose test etc. Doing those with painted lines is probably an exercise in futility.
Thank you, thank you. I am learning! :D

My counter steering isn't the greatest either....
Think of counter-steering as what you do to make the bike lean at speed (because normally the bike wants to stand up vertical under speed), now follow through by leaning into the curve with your body, as you become one with your motorcycle you will ride your own centrifugal force. It's the lean that makes the bike go around the corner at speed. Some call it 'push turn' to reinforce the notion of literary pushing on the inside turn handle grip.

The alternative to counter-steering is usually not good, so learn to initiate those turns with a counter-steer. If you counter-steer and don't lean your body with the bike, or even worse lean the opposite way to your bikes lean, you can actually end up steering the bike in a straight line. (aka going wide in a corner and crashing)

These are the dynamics you should be watching for when you practice (y)

Think of counter-steering as what you do to make the bike lean at speed (because normally the bike wants to stand up vertical under speed), now follow through by leaning into the curve with your body, as you become one with your motorcycle you will ride your own centrifugal force. It's the lean that makes the bike go around the corner at speed. Some call it 'push turn' to reinforce the notion of literary pushing on the inside turn handle grip.

The alternative to counter-steering is usually not good, so learn to initiate those turns with a counter-steer. If you counter-steer and don't lean your body with the bike, or even worse lean the opposite way to your bikes lean, you can actually end up steering the bike in a straight line. (aka going wide in a corner and crashing)

These are the dynamics you should be watching for when you practice (y)
Thanks Trials, after practicing in the parking lot. I realized the necessity of really relaxing my arms, push and lean forward. I think I am finally getting it down! Finally, I feel like I can ride :')

Back
Top Bottom