Hello Everyone | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello Everyone

Cartjas

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.

I'm 28 and live in the Southern Georgian Bay area. Got my license when I was 20, and bought my first project bike then as well (1981 Honda Cb750F). Did the motorcycle courses (both the M1 and M2 exit courses) and learned to ride on a 650 V Star while I was working on the Honda. I rode the Honda for a couple years after I finished it, then took it off the road after a couple years and put it in storage and bought a 2017 KTM 390 Duke (lot of headaches with a 40 year old bike...). The KTM was a really fun bike, but I only kept it for a couple years because I felt like it wasn't quite my style. Recently bought a 2017 Triumph Street Scrambler and have been loving it. Not a ton of power, but enough that's it's consistently enjoyable.

I'm also a big nerd for bike gear (and likely spend too much on it). Currently have a new set up I bought from urbanrider.uk. Happy to post reviews on it if that's a thing here.

Thanks!

Welcome, sounds like you had some interesting bike ownership experiences.

Sure check out here:

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.

I'm 28 and live in the Southern Georgian Bay area. Got my license when I was 20, and bought my first project bike then as well (1981 Honda Cb750F). Did the motorcycle courses (both the M1 and M2 exit courses) and learned to ride on a 650 V Star while I was working on the Honda. I rode the Honda for a couple years after I finished it, then took it off the road after a couple years and put it in storage and bought a 2017 KTM 390 Duke (lot of headaches with a 40 year old bike...). The KTM was a really fun bike, but I only kept it for a couple years because I felt like it wasn't quite my style. Recently bought a 2017 Triumph Street Scrambler and have been loving it. Not a ton of power, but enough that's it's consistently enjoyable.

I'm also a big nerd for bike gear (and likely spend too much on it). Currently have a new set up I bought from urbanrider.uk. Happy to post reviews on it if that's a thing here.

Thanks!
Welcome! Random question.. how tall are you? How'd you find the transition ergonomics wise from the Duke to the scrambler?

Welcome! Random question.. how tall are you? How'd you find the transition ergonomics wise from the Duke to the scrambler?
Hey, not random at all! That's something I wish they'd include in all gear reviews...

I'm 5'11" and weigh about 180lbs. There was a year gap between the bikes so I'm trying to think back here, but ride position wise, they're quite similar. The Duke was a slightly more forward leaning position, but not by much. They're both pretty intuitive to just jump on and ride. I can pretty comfortably get both feet down on both bikes with a 32" inseem.

Overall the transition was really easy, and I didn't have much of a learning period to get used to the Triumph.

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom