Headphones For Helmet Communicators | GTAMotorcycle.com

Headphones For Helmet Communicators

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
My 20S lasts about 8hrs before dying and I use it along with Earpeace earplugs (to block wind noise). I use a battery pack to top it up on long runs. For those that have paired your communicator with headphones did you find plug in or rechargeable ones worked better in terms of ease of function (did you find the cord annoying or find rechargeable ones didn’t last very long compared to specs? Etc). I don’t stop often so rechargeable one’s that last only 4-5hrs isn’t practical for me.
Thanks for any feedback here.

My 20S lasts about 8hrs before dying and I use it along with Earpeace earplugs (to block wind noise). I use a battery pack to top it up on long runs. For those that have paired your communicator with headphones did you find plug in or rechargeable ones worked better in terms of ease of function (did you find the cord annoying or find rechargeable ones didn’t last very long compared to specs? Etc). I don’t stop often so rechargeable one’s that last only 4-5hrs isn’t practical for me.
Thanks for any feedback here.

I use the Sena 20S with Etymotic corded in-ear monitors. Just put cable ties around the excess and stick that bundle somewhere in an inside jacket pocket. Turn your head left and right to give the cord enough slack for shoulder checks and other than that, you won't notice it's there when you're riding.

8 hours on the 20S must mean the helmet speakers draw a lot of juice. I get about 12-14 hours on a single 20S charge with corded earphones.

I use the Sena 20S with Etymotic corded in-ear monitors. Just put cable ties around the excess and stick that bundle somewhere in an inside jacket pocket. Turn your head left and right to give the cord enough slack for shoulder checks and other than that, you won't notice it's there when you're riding.

8 hours on the 20S must mean the helmet speakers draw a lot of juice. I get about 12-14 hours on a single 20S charge with corded earphones.
If you use corded or wireless monitors are y or stuck using the mic in the headphones or does the Sena mic still operate. I’d like some wireless ones but I find most have a mic in them for calls which won’t work for my application.

If you use corded or wireless monitors are y or stuck using the mic in the headphones or does the Sena mic still operate. I’d like some wireless ones but I find most have a mic in them for calls which won’t work for my application.

My corded earphones don't have a mic. It has a TRS jack, so it doesn't override the wired mic on the Sena clamp kit. Not sure if a TRRS jack would override the Sena mic? Something to test out, maybe... If it does, then it would be an easy thing to buy a TRRS-to-TRS adapter so you can bypass the microphone on your corded earphones if it has one.

I don't use wireless IEMs, so I don't know if it renders the wired mic inoperable.

Just trying to think how you would even pair wireless IEMs with a Sena since it's already acting as a headset already? You'd maybe have to have to do it through your phone instead, but then your boom mic on the Sena won't work. And then intercom would go through the Sena speakers instead of the wireless IEM? Dunno.

Last edited:
Shure SE215's with the rubber "earplug" style earpiece attachment instead of the stock foam buds.

Best....thing......ever.

Back
Top Bottom