Heading state side | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heading state side

hubby goes daily as a truck driver and no issues at all (he will have to start using the Arrive Can app in January, but won't need any tests since he's fully vaccinated)...both step sons have come up and gone back down (one lives in CA, the other in FL)...both are fully vaccinated and had to upload their documents including a negative test done within 72 hours to the Arrive Can app (one flew, the other drove)...sister in law is here from KY and she too used the Arrive Can app no problems (she too is fully vaccinated and had to have a test done)...she's gone back home and come back twice already and both times no issue...

to get into the US you must be fully vaccinated and no test is required (for now)...to return you must be obviously fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR (not a rapid antigen test) done within 72 hours of crossing...

if you're going over to shop for a day or two, get the PCR test done here, upload everything into Arrive Can and as long as you return within 72 hours, you're good (assuming you're fully vaccinated)...

if you're going over to shop for a day or two, get the PCR test done here, upload everything into Arrive Can and as long as you return within 72 hours, you're good (assuming you're fully vaccinated)...
I think something changed recently with that stupid program. Somehing about no pcr for trips under 72 hours. Getting the test on this side before leaving was stupid and punitive with almost no value.

I think something changed recently with that stupid program. Somehing about no pcr for trips under 72 hours. Getting the test on this side before leaving was stupid and punitive with almost no value.
Nothing more than a cash grab, or an ill conceived idea...take your pick.

Nothing more than a cash grab, or an ill conceived idea...take your pick.
I'd agree with the cash grab but many people were saying they felt sick and were getting government funded tests.

Apparently to fly into US starting very soon, you will need a pcr less than a day old. I dont know how that works as it is hard to schedule a test and results that tightly.

A kid of a coworker is going to school in northern US. They want to come home for a visit and need a pcr less than 72 hours old to cross. So far, the places they have found say that test results will be five days after swab. That's useless. Obviously the actual analysis doesnt take that long, it must be a backlog of tests to process.

I have read things that you can get the test here before you leave but that's to late since I want to leave Saturday. I read one confirmed visit that someone entered and returned under the November 30 guidelines. They only made that person take the home test and they watched them do it.

Last edited:
So today I decided to cross the border to enter the USA for travel purposed. I have both my vaccines. Just download the ArrivCan app, upload proof of vaccines, passport. Enter your trip details and where/when you will returning. I was there less then 72 hours, about 1.5 hours to be exact. Usual custom questions were asked and nothing covid related. Going state side show your passport and proof of vaccines.

Thought I would share this for anyone thinking of crossing with the November 30, 2021 regulations.

Back
Top Bottom