HD Livewire -- pre-ordering is live. | GTAMotorcycle.com

HD Livewire -- pre-ordering is live.

Mad Mike

Just got a notice from HD that it's time to put in a pre-order for a Livewire.

Anybody ordering one?

Do they give you an expected ship date? I hate this pre-order crap where they take your money in exchange for maybe at some unknown time in the future, you might have the chance to buy something that may or may not have the specs you ordered and may or may not be the price you thought.

Yes, just as soon as I win a big lottery.

So is the Livewire an actual electric bike or is it a slow cruiser Harley, just running on electricity?
Isn't this thing supposed to have speakers to make vroom vroom sounds? Ridiculous idea that.

17 grand

+ That one you linked looks sweet! I'd ride that, price looks in line too which is shocking.

Last edited:
Battery technology will kick in right about when I'm taking the big dirt nap.

Reactions: LBV
Electric works pretty nice on a dirt bikes,
particularly if you could keep a spare battery going.

If they had battery exchange stations like they do with propane tank exchange stations all over the place it would work for street once the retail infrastructure was in place.
... there now watch some dude make a trillion$ off that idea :|

A spare battery for an EM5.7 is about$3500. Gas can please.

What's the price for a LiveWire up here? In the USA it was $30,000 .... gonna be a HUGE flop I predict at that price.

So is the Livewire an actual electric bike or is it a slow cruiser Harley, just running on electricity?
Isn't this thing supposed to have speakers to make vroom vroom sounds? Ridiculous idea that.
I think the speaker thing was an April fools joke.

New HD dealer opening up at Mayfield and 10. I wonder if they'll sell some Live's to the rich people in Caledon.

Meh, I'll stick with my Zero DS. If I were in the market for new, I'd go for the Zero SR/F. I do envy the dealership saturation though.

Not sure what type of service electric bikes need but where do you take that if you need service or something is just not right? Harley has the best support network envied by all manufacturers I am sure.

Price is still way to high for something that is really only for around town riding or short day trips.
Its an electric super sport, its meant for what it is. I'd say the price is very competitive. Seen the Zero pricing lately?

Back
Top Bottom