Hayabusa. 20 and out. | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hayabusa. 20 and out.

All I have to say is ,lol. Let's meet on the highway...

Attachments

• resized brocks.jpg
    resized brocks.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 46
Suzuki HQ is taking orders for the new Busa now. The price quote for me being in the GTA is approx $24K altho i didn't get a clear indication on delivery times.

Not too bad considering what other models are worth... I am tempted however but would need to check with my insurer.

Suzuki HQ is taking orders for the new Busa now. The price quote for me being in the GTA is approx $24K altho i didn't get a clear indication on delivery times.

Not too bad considering what other models are worth... I am tempted however but would need to check with my insurer.
Insurance may not be too bad for the first few years. High price is a barrier to entry for the young and dumb.

Friend at Snow City said they already sold out.
Doesnt mean a thing, notice they(dealerships) always seem to have a **** ton of small beginner bikes?
They'll keep 1 R1M in stock for every 10 R3s

The Hayabusa is a very unique bike, like many bikes, it has a cultish appeal. Buyers aren’t doing an excel spreadsheet feature/benefit and specs comparison - they just know they want one.

I had a 2nd gen. I didn’t need one, I just wanted one. Same story from so many Busa riders I met, they don’t compare their bikes to other brands.

Owning one is an experience onto itself.
I hear the titanic movie is gonna be the bomb

Doesnt mean a thing, notice they(dealerships) always seem to have a **** ton of small beginner bikes?

I hear the titanic movie is gonna be the bomb
well, i think it means enough people certainly thought the price point wasn't a concern, i wouldn't agree.

well, i think it means enough people certainly thought the price point wasn't a concern, i wouldn't agree.
The 'Busa has enough of a following that this isn't a huge surprise. The initial rush from the faithful, combined with limited supply to stoke 'want what I can't have' limited supply syndrome is an old sales tactic. The real test is if the second batch of bikes sits or sells.

I remember Triumph crowing that all Daytona 765's were sold out even before road tests were released, yet Sturgess has one they've been trying to flog for ages. The ads keep popping up in my burner Facebook feed...

I wonder how many allocations Canadian dealers get, I can see how some serious fans could be the initial demand though.
Just wait for the U.S. sales to come out over the next year or so and we'll all know if it was a flop or not (judging by the busa forum many are dissapointed with this new one)

I FOUND ONE. A BLACK ONE!
Sat on it today. Fired it up. Negative on a demo ride.
But, I drooled. Then drooled some more. I felt so "at home" on it.
Original person with the down payment flaked.
Next person up wants a white one and will have a decision Tuesday whether to take this one, or not.
If not, it's mine if I want it.
Here come 3 sleepless nights.
(anyone want a pristine 2019 fjr?)

I FOUND ONE. A BLACK ONE!
Sat on it today. Fired it up. Negative on a demo ride.
But, I drooled. Then drooled some more. I felt so "at home" on it.
Original person with the down payment flaked.
Next person up wants a white one and will have a decision Tuesday whether to take this one, or not.
If not, it's mine if I want it.
Here come 3 sleepless nights.
(anyone want a pristine 2019 fjr?)
Hope you get it, I hope to get one in the next 2 years or so. I've heard the riding stance isn't as aggressive, bars are higher and closer so you're not reaching as much. It was mocked pretty hard at the reveal but after people have had the chance to ride the bike its had a lot of praise.

Some nice little things. The instrument cluster to me looks nicer than BMW. If it senses an issue with the bike it gives you an error code. Also the break likes come on bright and flashing under emergency braking. No more holding in the clutch to start the bike, just push button.

Also the break likes come on bright and flashing under emergency braking. No more holding in the clutch to start the bike, just push button.
BMW does the same, turn signals flash.

Clutch...Suzuki LOL

I placed my order yesterday for a black and gold. Insurance was not so bad , I guess at 60 with no tickets age has some benefits :) looking forward to many more years of riding on quite possibly my final bike - only time will tell on that one.
Came off a bmw k1600gt which has been bullet proof. Just really wanted a busa ...

I placed my order yesterday for a black and gold. Insurance was not so bad , I guess at 60 with no tickets age has some benefits :) looking forward to many more years of riding on quite possibly my final bike - only time will tell on that one.
Came off a bmw k1600gt which has been bullet proof. Just really wanted a busa ...
Did they say how long a wait it's going to be?
I was paying $800/yr for the last busa I owned. I was 58 back then.
I'm keeping an eye out for one in stock, somewhere.
Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom