Have you seen this bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Have you seen this bike?

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Very long story, won't go into extreme details, but it's a friend's former bike. She sold it about 4-5 years ago and dearly regrets it. Wants it back.

bikehunt.jpg

Early to mid 2000's (I believe?) Harley Softtail. Paint would be the hands down most customized stand out feature - has a duck head logo customized on the tank, and feathers painted on the bags and side covers. Both can be made out pretty decent in the pic of the actual bike above.

I'd say odds are 50/50 at absolute best the custom paint still exists, but hey, you never know, but there was a few other things that would make it stand out a little as well, the slashpipes, luggage rack, etc.

If you see it anywhere, PM me.

been there with the fz09 , hope you find it, but realistically if she loved that bike that much, she'd have higher odds of getting a new one

she'd have higher odds of getting a new one

I think it's 50% that specific bike/sentimental value, and 50% the custom paint that she misses.

The paint may not exist anymore...who knows. But doesn't hurt to throw it out there. Never know when someone might show up at a Timmies some day riding it.

If she has any paperwork from it, maybe an ins slip, etc, use the vin and get a uvip.
Will the UVIP give you the present owner or just the previous? It's a step closer if that person can recall who they sold it to.

Will MOT have records on previous vehicles as a start point for the VIN?

How about the insurance agent?

SentiMENTAL value is pricey and sometimes you don't want to know.

Will the UVIP give you the present owner or just the previous? It's a step closer if that person can recall who they sold it to.

Will MOT have records on previous vehicles as a start point for the VIN?

How about the insurance agent?

SentiMENTAL value is pricey and sometimes you don't want to know.

UVIP will give all owners including current and surprisingly easy to get...

Might be a bit hard since its 2000, but try looking for old insurance documents or the insurance agent might help if they're friendly enough,
Or go through the channel where she sold the bike to begin with?

Edit: just re-read the thread, its only 4-5 years, might not be as bad :p

UVIP doesn’t give out exact address info, only a name and city. Pretty sure she’s tried this route already as well with no success - it’s only helpful if it comes back with a very unique name that ends up being searchable.

But I’ll check with her.

UVIP doesn’t give out exact address info, only a name and city. Pretty sure she’s tried this route already as well with no success - it’s only helpful if it comes back with a very unique name that ends up being searchable.

But I’ll check with her.
Just looked into my old UVIP's, you're correct it only gives the name and the city/town.

I guess its worth calling the local shops to see if they seen the bike before...

The MOT keeps a record of the vehicle owners therefore the UVIP route but does the MOT keep a history of vehicles owned by an individual and if yes, will they divulge details to the individual?

Would traffic or parking violations be traceable?

Vehicles the plate has been on?

Back
Top Bottom